EFFIGIE for AIRBORNE80!! that i promised a long time ago..

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.

Attachments

• HPIM0709 (1024x778) (700x532).jpg
    HPIM0709 (1024x778) (700x532).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,425
  • HPIM0732 (700x532).jpg
    HPIM0732 (700x532).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,599
Upvote 0

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
Hmm, looks like a flake that happens to look like a horses head when turned unworked side out. Just my humble opinion. I would have taken it home and put it in a frame too, lol.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
tmodel said:
Sheld what might you have said if i had just posted the frame photo? T.

I think most of us would have asked for a more detailed picture.

It's an interesting piece that I would have brought home and displayed proudly, but I tend to agree with ShieldJaguar.

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
hello 1Abhunter!! welcome to Tn. and Tnet. giad to have you aboard.. i have had this piece for a little over [50 years] think i will keep it like part of family!! Joshua!! that is the same ???? i would have ask, why i posted [2nd] photo..

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That horse sure looks crazy with that smile on its face. :laughing9:

I don't know, its a neat piece but doesn't look like any effigy I've seen. Of course thats mostly conjecture on my part. :thumbsup:

ShieldJaguar

Aug 9, 2009
KC, MO
tmodel said:
Sheld what might you have said if i had just posted the frame photo? T.

Yeah, I would have asked for a closer picture. Can't see enough detail in the frame pic to see if it is a flake or worked.

Still a neat flake though and after having it for 50 years there is no way you should get rid of it. Just keep it in the frame it's in. Still makes a neat center to that frame.

Shield

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
Heck, it's cool and I wish I'd find a special effigy shape like that!

If it were intended to look like that, Cool!!

If it looks that way by accident, nature or whatever, to me that makes it even more unique than a worked one!

Why? Simple! Because if by design it looked like a horse, cool but someone expected and planned it, right?

How much more unique the circumstances that made it so perfectly like a horse naturally?

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Diggin!! you should see these crazzy smiles on my face, ever time i come back to this thread.. Shield!! i started too just post the frame then realised there were quite a few on here deserved to see both at the same time.. i had someone else take the new solo photo my camera someone else's skill.. i am enjoying every word hope others jump in and say as they please.... thank you ALL!!!! T.

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Sky!! i was typing as you posted, and, i could not have said that as good and way short of better!!!! T.

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
tmodel said:
Sky!! i was typing as you posted, and, i could not have said that as good and way short of better!!!! T.

Thanks TModel! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing such a cool find with us, too! :thumbsup:

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
axeman!! i though so to, wish i had kept points found with it that day separate and with it, but young and not thinking straight.... T.

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
I'm in my 40's now, but started head hunting when i was like 10 in the backyard garden. never lost interest! I still kick myself in the ass from the stuff i've passed or overlooked in them days just because it wasn't an "arrowhead". In my opinion, that horses head wasn't intentional from the start of its life, but may have been further worked once the person realized it almost looked like one! Mother nature has her ways. :dontknow:

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Axeman!! do not know and do not wish to know what tools i did leave behind? i must have left a lot going by what tools i am finding now after all these years. i am talking about the same fields that i met horse in and she became special to me.. rock you were not supposed to see that ha,ha,ho,ho.he,he, yea you cought me!!! T.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
it does look like a horse but I have to ask werent the horses brought here by the spaniards? I dont lmow your point typology for your area I would keep it also

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
centfladigger said:
it does look like a horse but I have to ask werent the horses brought here by the spaniards? I dont lmow your point typology for your area I would keep it also

Very good point (no pun intended), CFD!

Sky Pilot

OP
OP
tmodel

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
Digger!! i understand that the paleo indians hunted some thing called a horse with clovis points!! i have had horse for a little over [50] years, there was plenty of time after the Spanish came the first time and the time i met horse for any thing to have happend.. yes Sky good point but horse is such a unique piece of my history yes she sure is unique!!!! Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread