EFFIGIE for AIRBORNE80!! that i promised a long time ago..

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.

Attachments

• HPIM0709 (1024x778) (700x532).jpg
    HPIM0709 (1024x778) (700x532).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 1,425
  • HPIM0732 (700x532).jpg
    HPIM0732 (700x532).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1,599
Upvote 0

Sky Pilot

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Tellico Plains, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Several Fisher, Tesoro, White's and Garrett's
tmodel said:
Sky!! good to hear from you, i had not seen you on line in a while. was hopping you had not quiet like some of them. any hope of you making the nov. [6th] [8AM to 3PM] artifact show at Baxter grade school in Baxter, Tennessee. may be small i do not know but at least one of our biggest collectors lives in Baxter. school is just west of hy [70 n] and [hy 56 ] crossroads [4] way stop maby we could get a Tnet reunion started? Terry

I have been offline for quite awhile, Terry!

No I haven't quit yet, just slowed to a crawl, you might say! LOL!!

I am going to do my level best to be at that show Terry, and will be, if at all possible! Thanks for telling me about it, I had no idea they have one over there.

I'd like to see any T-Net folks that could be there make it, we would have a blast, no doubt!

Please keep me posted about this, I'm really wanting to be there!

Your friend,

Richard aka Sky Pilot

Bama Ron

Jan 7, 2009
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice effigie. Here's mine that I posted on her a few years ago asking for information on it. My family found it in a creek in Oak Ridge, TN within the city limits around 1973 or '74. I was stolen from my family by a relative in the early 80's and I found out he had it and recovered it around '91. I'm the caretaker but it belongs to my entire family (mom, 3 bros and sis).

Been to artifact exhibits at museums throughout the south, midwest, NYC to Cali to Anchorage and never have seen anything remotely similar to it.

Have had 10 or 12 archaeologists examine it over the past 20 years and got 10 - 12 different opinions.
everything from some ancient form of rare indian statute art (Miss. State. Univ.) to possibly made by slaves (state arch.) to geofact !?!?! I looked at her and said "and you're a degreed archaeologist? That's Amazing." In spite of the weathering in the creek and the damage my relative did to it using it as a "door stop" you can still clearly see the eye holes, eye brows, nose, mouth and 1 ear. State geologist for MS, (Dockery) told me the head is made of grog.

I remember there were several skeptics when I inititaly posted it. I quess some people think if they have never seen one like it that it must be fake. I feel sad for such narrow minded people.

Everyones opinion is welcome. Thanks and Roll Tide.

Attachments

• indian head 337.jpg
    indian head 337.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 250
  • indian head 337.jpg
    indian head 337.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 251

Bama Ron

Jan 7, 2009
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one more. I'll take some better pics soon. Also was given the name of a reputable appraiser recently and plan on getting it to him soon. Bama Ron

Attachments

• indian head 339.jpg
    indian head 339.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 250
  • indian head 339.jpg
    indian head 339.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 231

Yolandarae

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2020
Austin texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you ever end up taking it to the appraiser? If so,what was the verdict? If u don't mind me asking..did he ever quote you a price for his services? Just wondering how much it costs to get a item appraised? Also ,what about getting it authenticated?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute horsie. You can see it is one big flake. The "divots" where the ears are etc. are from irregularities in the host rock it was knocked off. As the material cooled and solidified originally, it, like most rocks, did not make perfect layers. You are seeing the smallsections of denser or even lighter materials showing as "ears".

Think of getting a piece of pie off a pie pan. Sometimes pieces of it "stick" to the pan. It's pretty much the same thing. Your points are archaic period to woodland. I see no contact period items in the group.

Horses first came to the Americas in the 1500's, and weren't well established until well after that. No American Indians prior to this time would have had a model "horse". They had never seen one. And at the time of the Spaniards, the horses were lost along the coast, not hundred of miles inland.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this entire thread...... I get it though. People often have the ability to see faces in ever day places.

MosesOfTheSouth

Apr 4, 2014
in my mind/wilds of,tn
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man this entire thread...... I get it though. People often have the ability to see faces in ever day places.

yea. trying to talk about "it" or share personal insight from years of experience doesn't generally seem to differentiate general response. although this is an old topic resurrected for what ever reason.

i have been trying to locate in my personal finds a certain "effigy" . it got mixed in with hundreds of broken finds. i look forward to relocating it, as it was phallic and quite hilarious.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea. trying to talk about "it" or share personal insight from years of experience doesn't generally seem to differentiate general response. although this is an old topic resurrected for what ever reason.

i have been trying to locate in my personal finds a certain "effigy" . it got mixed in with hundreds of broken finds. i look forward to relocating it, as it was phallic and quite hilarious.

I saw the most detailed phallic effigy I have encountered in a collection last week. It is so detailed that I wouldn't post pics of it. Some of those, like the one I saw, are the real thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread