EIGHTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EIGHTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!
hello fellow treasurehunters, the eighth annual treasurehunters cookout will be held on april 30th at the pennwood motorlodge in wabasso florida. if you want a room they are giving anyone attending the cookout a discounted rate. you will need to act fast, in the past all rooms are sold out within about a week! The phone number for the Pennwood is (866)-742-9240 or (772)-589-3855, ask for Virginia and tell her you’re with the Treasure Hunters group so you can get the discount.

the pennwood motorlodge has a rich history with some of the treasurehunting greats from the good old days having used it as a base with rumors of treasure being hidden there! many shipwreck beaches are within easy driving distance if you want to go exploring. they have a very nice pool, nice grounds and nice covered area that will serve as the main gathering area and shelter if it rains.

anyone that has been to these cookouts before knows that these cookouts are a great time and I know I look forward to attending each year, catching up with old friends and making new ones, hearing all the great treasurehunting stories(true and false) and making plans for the upcoming season.

there will be food, drinks and treasure to be had. there will be some beer but for the most part you will need to bring your own adult beverages. im hoping to have a treasure raffle, so if enough people bring some cool treasure items to raffle off we can do that. I would also like to have a treasure swap meet, bring your treasurehunting related gear or items to sell or swap and a table to set everything on.

anyone that can send pre cookout cash/check/money order donations to help with the food and misc costs please do so, I can tell you that in the past to much of the load was placed on one person. the more I get the better this cookout will be!!!!! send me a pm and I will give you the address to mail your donation to ....my address has changed since last year!!!
donations can also be made as a "gift" by paypal sent to [email protected]

Saturday april 30th
pennwood motor lodge
wabasso florida

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
They need to make this post sticky and remove the old Treasure Hunters Cookout thread. :icon_scratch:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No just be there and possibly donate a couple bucks for food...byob

agflit

Mar 25, 2015
Wisconsin, N.C. Fl, Bahamas....wherever the wrecks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tigershark freshwater...Excaliber 1000 Bluetube, Aquapulse AQ1b, Marine Sonics Centurian SSS
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
<----Planning on attending....and bringing some real Wisconsin Brats!! I also intend to spend a few days on the "local" beaches...attempting..to subsidize my "business travel".

Ag

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
I just called Virginia at the Pennwood Motel and booked a room for the 29th and 30th. It's probably going to Rain that weekend because the Wife insisted on me booking a room for the two of us.
Virginia said, that rooms are going fast, so if you haven't booked a room yet ? Don't wait too long.

Chuck PM me your address so that I can send you a Donation for Food.
I hope to see all of you there this Year. I just got some bad Medical news, so I hope to see Sadds 669, BVI John, Aquanut, Salvor 6 and too many others to mention in this post at the event this year.

Attachments

• fat-man-boat.jpg
    fat-man-boat.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 201

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I just got some bad Medical news...

That just sucks, Ed. No words, bud. Just know you got a whole lotta friends here saying a prayer and cheering for you.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Chuck, here's an update on the flyer. Let me know of any additions or changes you would like to make.

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer.jpg
    Cookout Flyer.jpg
    998 KB · Views: 245

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent John...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll print some of those flyers up and distribute them from here to Ft Pierce a couple of weeks before the event.
Chuck - I just sent you my $25 for the Agflit challenge. You still need to come down here to go fishing when the weather doesn't suck.
Ed...anything we can do? You've got my prayers for good health and prosperity. :)
The rest of you guys that always plan to come and then get boxed out by things happening at home...get all of your ducks in order and come anyway. This is more fun than fixing that water leak or helping your wife with that last minute garage sale she planned to keep your azz home that weekend.
You never know who you're going to see at these things and, since life is full of nasty little surprises, you never know who you won't see at the next one.

Attachments

• explore.jpg
    explore.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 182
  • FL Treasure map.jpg
    FL Treasure map.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 187

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Ed...anything we can do? You've got my prayers for good health and prosperity.
smiley.gif

ropefish, Thanks for the good wishes. I don't think there's anything anyone can do, except be at the cookout, swap some stories, eat some good food and have some grog.
Doc, said, there's no cure, but I'm not worried. I start some treatments soon and we'll see what happens.

On the light side. My son in college had to do a complex family tree paper. I was a little disappointed. Apparently on my Mother's side of the family. Someone named William Chase came over on the Mayflowler. I'm sure not a Puritain.

Sadds669, My son also found out that we were related to Winston ChurchHill and a bunch of Barons and Knights from England. Since I now know that I have some Brit Blood in my veins, I guess I'm going to have to buy some drinks for you at the cookout. I Hope to see all of you at the cookout. My wife is going to be there, so I guess I'll have to behave.

Attachments

• fat-man-boat.jpg
    fat-man-boat.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 179
OP
OP
seeker41

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys! Been a little awol here but looking forward to the cookout.
chuck.

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ed...anything we can do? You've got my prayers for good health and prosperity.
smiley.gif

ropefish, Thanks for the good wishes. I don't think there's anything anyone can do, except be at the cookout, swap some stories, eat some good food and have some grog.
Doc, said, there's no cure, but I'm not worried. I start some treatments soon and we'll see what happens.

On the light side. My son in college had to do a complex family tree paper. I was a little disappointed. Apparently on my Mother's side of the family. Someone named William Chase came over on the Mayflowler. I'm sure not a Puritain.

Sadds669, My son also found out that we were related to Winston ChurchHill and a bunch of Barons and Knights from England. Since I now know that I have some Brit Blood in my veins, I guess I'm going to have to buy some drinks for you at the cookout. I Hope to see all of you at the cookout. My wife is going to be there, so I guess I'll have to behave.

Behave....

That will be a first my airborne warrior friend. Unlesshell freezes over, I'll see you at the cookout.

Bring any info you think we can use in the future...

Last edited:

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Behave....

That will be a first my airborne warrior friend. Unlesshell freezes over, I'll see you at the cookout.

Bring any info you think we can use in the future...
Sadds669, I'll bring some more information on wreck sites. I might even bring a Pulse Star II if someone wants to see how good the machine works, they can test it out.
The Captain Morgan and Pints will be on me. Get BVI's arse there. I've got some good places to check out.

Attachments

• weathered-treasure-map-skull-island-speaking-pirate-skull-bones-29926903.jpg
    weathered-treasure-map-skull-island-speaking-pirate-skull-bones-29926903.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 161

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
With BVI at the moment in Nassau, he's gonna try to come to it.....

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Could anyone attending the cookout who is prepared to sell me a copy of Jagger's shipwrecks of the Bahamas and Turks bring it with them?

Thanks in anticipation?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions