Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
Upvote 0

detectordave

Apr 6, 2005
Ann Arbor Meechigan
Detector(s) used
DFX WITH DX-1 PROBE AND XLT WITH XL-1 PROBE
I bought an XLT for myself expecting to be "wifeless" at the local parks. That lasted one weekend. She took over so fast I had to buy a DFX for me ;) Now, we are the happiest pair in the parks. Maybe I would have some time alone if I switched to a speedo, black socks and sandals. What an awesome hobby. :) By the way, we fight over returnable bottles and change at redlights, while the kids try to hide under the seats. lol

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife used to get embarrased even thinking someone she knew would see me out playing in the dirt. I managed to take her out detecting once at a beach and all she kept saying was that people were looking at her. She found a silver half, merc. dime, and some wheaties in the dry sand that day and didn't know why I was excited for her finding "pocket change." I never got her to join me again. She liked all the rings I brought her and would ask me when I was going detecting at the beach again.

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
My wife gets tired of digging 'junk', but she gives it a try once a week or so. She loves the beach and just suns while I hunt and she says if it makes me happy she is all for it!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Here's how I get my wife involver>

Whenever I go out I remind her when I come home about her most important job. That is dumping the coins out of my treasure pouch, separating them and giving me a count of all the coins. When she is done she always seems to have the same question.....Do you have to bring the coins home so dirty!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
some people are a monkey in a cage when it comes to thinking

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
My wife finds no interest in dirt fishing. She gets bored with it real fast.

Plus she does not cherish the thoughts of people seeing me wearing woodland camo and a bright orange shirt...something about color coordinated ;D I keep telling her it's not about the color combinations, it's about comfort...the BDU's are broken in and the shirt is just right for a wide variety of temperatures. She doesn't understand :D

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ahhh the joys of being single...... :)
but just about anyone who sees me out thinks i look wierd with all the stuff on....but i keep right on digging!!!
happy hunting all!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread