epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
the first two characters are Kanji from Chinese...the last three are Katakana which is Japanese letters that have sounds so you have "ha" "ru" "na" so it either says "haruna" or halna...."r" and "l" are the same sound in Japanese.
I'm very confused by the use of Chinese kanji and Japanese katakana in combination...

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get confused at chinese restaurants so i'm not even going to attempt to understand this bottle.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm very confused by the use of Chinese kanji and Japanese katakana in combination...

well, it's like this ...not everything can be expressed in Kanji. Names can be especially difficult. Often Japanese born in other countries are limited in what they can name their children if they want a "western" sounding name...IF they want to be able to sign their name with Kanji (as most Japanese...but not all...do) ...so in America you get a lot of "Ken" or even "Aiden" as those names have Kanji equivalents. So in this case "haruna" most likely cannot be expressed in Kanji. The Japanese actually have 3 writing systems and if you count "Romanji" (Latin alphabet)..they have 4.

but this explains it better than me...

Japanese writing system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread