End to cabin fever,first out of state hunt proves to be a positive note

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday,the family and I drove from New Hampshire to Rhode Island to visit relatives.I brought along the Fisher f-70.Once we arrived in Westerly,R.I. we stopped at a park with a playground for the kids.There was a large field they had to cross to get to the playground.I didnt work any kind of pattern,just in the direction of the playground.It ended up like this:penny(memorial)x3,clad dime,a wheatie(oh wait a minite thats not linclon,I flipped it over and saw one dime inside a wreath,OMG a Barber,i carefully blew off the front 1900 ;D,that was a half hour into the huntThe wife and kids came over and were ready to head back to the truck.I did a wide loop and headed back,I was about 20 yards from the truck and pulled a heavy .925 ring(bent though).I am estatic now,reason for this is there is still 12-18 inches of snow ground at home in N.H.This is a great way to end cabin fever with my first hunt of the year.

Upvote 0

teleman 2525

Bronze Member
May 9, 2010
newport vermont
Detector(s) used
whites xlt minelab explorer se pro
nice going salty to get away from the snow and make good finds im still in the snow here in northern vt. but its raing today hope it melts some of that white stuff

OP
OP
saltyshark2002

saltyshark2002

Mar 31, 2009
Derry, New Hampshire.
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac,Fisher F-70,Bounty Hunter 505,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im back in NH now,but I did go back to the site where I found the Barber,spent about 2 hours there before heading back north to NH.I managed a 1934D wheatie and a little over $4.00 in clad.This field is huge.I plan to hit it every time i go back to Rhode Island at least for an hour or two.There has got to be more out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread