Season start: Arcticas arctic hunt

Arctica

Oct 19, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC, AT-PRO, ACE250, Home-made pinpointer
Season start: Arctica's arctic hunt

The first warm (0C/32F) day after a long period of many more minus grades (-25C/-13F or so). Such a perfect day to start the digging season! :thumbsup: Unfortunately we still have 20 plus inches snow, so I could figure out only one place to go: there is a hole in the ice for winter swimmers (and ducks :tongue3: ) nearby.

Took my brand new AT-Pro, my home made sand scoop and my thicker wet suit, and went to the swimming hole. To make myself more comfortable, I used this old trick divers use: took my thermos and poured some warm water down the wet suit neckline.

avanto_vettapukuun.jpg

Now I was ready to go.
avanto_yleis.jpg

avanto_yleis2.jpg
Had some audience: duckies. :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie: :duckie:

avanto_sielläseon.jpg
Hello! Anybody home? :icon_scratch:

I had a blast! My first hunt this season and my first shallow water hunt ever. I was in the water for about 40 mins, didn't get too cold, even though water is about 4,5C/40F here at the moment: next time I just need thicker gloves.

Also found something:
löydöt.jpg

Four Finnish coins and one bullet.

-A-

Upvote 0

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Re: Season start: Arctica's arctic hunt

Whoa :o That's hard core amigo. At least you got a few coins for the effort :headbang:

Ace Villa-v

flip flop

Mar 3, 2010
East of West OhiO
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

YOU my man are friggin NUTS!
Good luck to ya. You might wanna invest in a larger thermos.
Flip Flop

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yo A

From the land of the Bluenose.....swishing this time of the year is a challange. recall doing a few swishs whereas i hunted butt first using my ample butt as an icebreaker so I could swing the Seahunter mk11. Take care and watch out fur dos water nymps!

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You are after the coins that is for sure .
I would have to be boiled in that suit in a very large pot before I would go out in that water . :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions