Entire Coat of New York Civil war Buttons, and a Connecticut plus more!!!!!

pitdiggers

Feb 16, 2009
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Shadow X5, Tesoro Cibola, Minelab XTerra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sure was one cold windy day back in the camp! My son and I took my long time friend to the camp where we were digging before the BLIZZARDS. Snow was still in the fields but we hunted where the grass was showing and what a day we had. In one 5 foot area we found an entire coat of New York coat size buttons. All three of us got in on the fun. Immediately following those finds my son walked about twenty feet away and out popped a huge Connecticut coat button. Then my friend dug an eagle and numerous bullets from a slope adjacent to the New Yorks. A couple more buttons and 20plus bullets later we had just about frozen ourselves enough and we called it a day. Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• IMG_1654 resized.jpg
    IMG_1654 resized.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 1,261
  • IMG_1658 resized.jpg
    IMG_1658 resized.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,239
  • IMG_1659 resized.jpg
    IMG_1659 resized.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • IMG_1663 resized.jpg
    IMG_1663 resized.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 1,212
  • IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    IMG_1668 resized.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,239
Upvote 0
AHHHHH you people and your military buttons!!!! I gotta get one, ok...gearing up and headed out the door!

Sniffy said:
AHHHHH you people and your military buttons!!!! I gotta get one, ok...gearing up and headed out the door!

I think the day you do it's going to knock you over! :D

I also have to have one... but it has to be killer! I do hope to have dug at least a few by the time April ends but we'll see how it goes.

PS... You gotta get over a nice Rev CT button! :tongue3:

Awesome!!!My all time goal is to find a coat (Of any kind)of different N.Y. buttons....the First Regiment New York Legion!!! :thumbsup:

ModernMiner said:
Unbelievable day!!! If this doesn't make banner, I give up. :laughing7: :hello2:
Congrats on some fantstic CW buttons & relics,
MM

Better Give up, Doug..............Me too ??? Very nice find. I wonder how many more are still there. Could have been off an entire coat, who knows. That's what it looks like :o

I'm with Miner as well as others...........BANNER all the way, that is one heck of a haul of relics. :thumbsup: jgas

Am I wrong or is the top row of bullet look like the exploding type experimental bullets
The ones with the small primer holes in the bases

Iron Patch said:
Sniffy said:

I think the day you do it's going to knock you over! :D

I also have to have one... but it has to be killer! I do hope to have dug at least a few by the time April ends but we'll see how it goes.

PS... You gotta get over a nice Rev CT button! :tongue3:
I will...believe me...my perseverance for this is strong.

Now thats a great day of digging! :icon_thumright:

You should be good for about a month ;D Excellent save's PT :thumbsup:

Nice digs!!! Arrgh!! If I had only had my cell phone where it had a signal ;-) I could have been there.. I think it's about time for you to get a plate out of there!! "Got a plate!!" ;-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back