Epic Two Hunts At A New Spot Lands Me A Pile Of Silver, Walker And A Largie!

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for Civil War spots on the maps when I stumbled on a spot that was perfect for some coin shooting. I went to try it out Wednesday evening and it did not disappoint with Mercs and Washingtons. I found 8 silver coins in about 4 hours that night. I was looking forward to getting back there and was able to hunt it for a couple more hours Friday. My very first signal sounded like a silver quarter on the Etrac but out popped a coin that looked more like a clad quarter. I was surprised when I picked it up to see it was a thick green coin and I wet it enough to see the little details left of a worn large cent! I haven't dug a Largie in a long time. I went back to digging and got three more silver dimes and a nice sterling ring. The whole time I was thinking there is a good chance of finding a silver half here. Well as luck would have it right at dark, I got a screaming 3-46 signal and I knew for sure it would be big silver. Cut the plug and pulled out a nice Walker! I did get a couple of nice dropped CW bullets but it was a lot of fun digging all this silver! Had rain here all day so it was good to clean everything up and do a little more research. HH-David

PHsOcre.jpg YyLYs1x.jpg oBU3rY9.jpg

h1FF64H.jpg cN7UXne.jpg oRH8RDU.jpg

8xai0kc.jpg 959qitl.jpg Lp7gp12.jpg

Upvote 62

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! It's a place that had houses on it built in 1950 and were torn down a few years ago. Its pretty much open now and I just went down as many of the front yards as I could.

Wow ok that is awesome. Just found a spot like that kinda. They were built before then and torn down in the 1960s. I have a lot of ground to cover still. Managed a KGIII and Siamese silver on my first go and a pocket watch on my third. Huge congrats on your haul. Ill be getting a AT Pro this week. Hopefully better results after that. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE LOL

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ok that is awesome. Just found a spot like that kinda. They were built before then and torn down in the 1960s. I have a lot of ground to cover still. Managed a KGIII and Siamese silver on my first go and a pocket watch on my third. Huge congrats on your haul. Ill be getting a AT Pro this week. Hopefully better results after that. THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE LOL

Thanks! Sounds like you’re scratching the surface of a great spot! The AT Pro is a really good detector and should find you some nice keepers! Good luck to ya!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THATS A GOOD DAYS FINDS

rainorshine

Oct 6, 2013
Black Hills, SD
Detector(s) used
AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crongrats on an amazing hunt. I found a ring almost identical to the one you found a couple years ago

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crongrats on an amazing hunt. I found a ring almost identical to the one you found a couple years ago

Hey thanks! That's pretty cool on finding the same ring. I've got three girls running around my house that claim all the little rings I find. It's fun seeing them being used again.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Well that's just super, Dave. Seriously, nice friggin' hunt! Grats!

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a great pile of silver

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
The way hunts USED to be.

Good for you experiencing it dude,not many ever will!

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
Sooper Dave

Sooper Dave

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way hunts USED to be.

Good for you experiencing it dude,not many ever will!

GOD Bless

Chris

Thanks Chris! Yeah every once in a while I luck up on a 1970’s kind of hunt. Man it must have been so awesome to hunt back in the 60’s-80’s...

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's just totally outstanding!

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread