Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
if you like the E-trac buy the E-Trac … If you like the AT Pro buy the AT Pro ……….. when you ask that kind of questions here you get E-trac lovers bashing the Garrett and you will get the Garrett lovers bashing the E-trac….... They can not just give you good info they have to bash and put down what they do not like…. I have a Minelab and a Garrett .. and they both do the same thing for me find metal and in some soil types the Minelab goes deeper and in other soil types the Garrett goes deeper ……………..……… Like one said he had a dime and the garrett would not pick it up …………...….. But they could go a mile down the road with different soil conditions and then it could be the Garrett would pick it up and the E-trac would not……………………… I really think a lot do not under stand about the different soil conditions ………………. Soil will make one detector deeper than the other and vice versa ………………………………………………..BUT THERE WERE SOME ON HERE THAT GAVE YOU SOME GOOD ADVICE NOT JUST BASHING OR PUT DOWNS..

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
……….. when you ask that kind of questions here you get E-trac lovers bashing the Garrett and you will get the Garrett lovers bashing the E-trac….... They can not just give you good info they have to bash and put down what they do not like…. .

Absolutely false! Nobody here has insulted any other detector. Liking your detector and promoting it are normal. Don't confuse "I love my ***** and I think it's the best" with "I love **** and all others are crap"

Keppy you are the one who has publicly admitted in the past to running down Minelabs just to tick off the other Minelab owners.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolutely false! Nobody here has insulted any other detector. Liking your detector and promoting it are normal. Don't confuse "I love my ***** and I think it's the best" with "I love **** and all others are crap"

Keppy you are the one who has publicly admitted in the past to running down Minelabs just to tick off the other Minelab owners.
.. i did ..even though i owned minelabs i got sick of the bragging and egos.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I can only speak for myself and my experiences where I live. I cant say how a minelab would work in another state, but my soil here in spots is terrible, and I still get depth with the minelab. I have no ego I am just the operator. Sure I need to know how to run it, but the metal detector is the one doing the work. I can take other detectors over a spot and go back with the etrac and find things that the others didnt. Sites I thought were hunted out I have found numerous targets at after getting the etrac.

Besides this is the minelab section. If you want opinions about Garrett, the best place to get them would be the Garrett forum. I know when I was deciding to get another detector, I went to the various brands sections and read the posts, then decided based on what I read and saw on youtube to buy a minelab. You are going to get more pro minelab comments in this section naturally. I come here to read about others that are using what im using to see if I can pick up any helpful hints and maybe help someone out that is thinking about buying a minelab. I know the great posts here helped me make my decision, and I hope I can pass what I have learned on to someone else that is thinking about buying one. As far as the garrett, I would like to have one for water hunting for sure. But from what I have personally seen there is no need for me to want anything else to hunt on land than the etrac. No bashing any brand, I just dont have the need for the at pro when I find what I am looking for with the etrac. If the at pro finds what you are looking for, great. Continue to use it. Any detector will find metal, some just do it a little better, and regardless of what you use, your coil has to go over it before you can find it.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure wasnt bashing the Etrac at all...>I love my ATP...But next year I will be getting an etrac...I just love getting the old timers blood pressure up

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you much Civil war digging DiggerinVa ? Isn't y'all's soil highly mineralized in many places?

Yes Fletch.....i do alot of civil war diggin'. And some spots are very bad with high mineralization, some aren't so bad. Just depends. Alot of civil war hunters around here use PI machines....

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My original question was simply wondering what are the differences between the Etrac and the AT Pro..
I did not ask anyones opinion of which was better...just trying to learn

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My original question was simply wondering what are the differences between the Etrac and the AT Pro..

Heres an easy answer...Roughly 1000 dollars is the difference

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'll try to put out what few facts I can for you. The E-trac is an FBS (full band spectrum) machine which utilizes multiple frequencies. The AT-Pro is a single freq VLF operating at 15 Khz. The AT-Pro is a manual ground balance, while the E-Trac is a set GB (although the FBS design allows use in a wide range of soils, it does lose depth in heavily minerilized areas). The freqency of the AT-Pro makes it more sensitive to smaller gold than the E-Trac. The AT-pro is water resistant to 10 feet deep (supposedly) so it definitely rain-proof but the E-trac is not designed for use in the rain or where the controls can get splashed.

Oh, and the E-Trac is $1000 more.

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I sure wasnt bashing the Etrac at all...>I love my ATP...But next year I will be getting an etrac...I just love getting the old timers blood pressure up
… Yes sir i am a old timer but i sure like your post .. I do that a lot also … But it is the young hunters that i like to get the blood pressure up on....

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll try to put out what few facts I can for you. The E-trac is an FBS (full band spectrum) machine which utilizes multiple frequencies. The AT-Pro is a single freq VLF operating at 15 Khz. The AT-Pro is a manual ground balance, while the E-Trac is a set GB (although the FBS design allows use in a wide range of soils, it does lose depth in heavily minerilized areas). The freqency of the AT-Pro makes it more sensitive to smaller gold than the E-Trac. The AT-pro is water resistant to 10 feet deep (supposedly) so it definitely rain-proof but the E-trac is not designed for use in the rain or where the controls can get splashed.

Oh, and the E-Trac is $1000 more.

Thanks Jason...that was what I was looking for. Much appreciated!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can't get past the sounds. Here is the mating call of the e trac ....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
​You see with me the tones do not bother me … Some do not like the Garrett bell tone some do not like the flute sound of Minelab … I like all nice clear sounds no matter what detector makes it or what sound it makes…...FOR that kind of sound means i could have found something nice ……..

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
​You see with me the tones do not bother me ... Some do not like the Garrett bell tone some do not like the flute sound of Minelab ... I like all nice clear sounds no matter what detector makes it or what sound it makes......FOR that kind of sound means i could have found something nice ........

exactly if its sounding off nice & clear ill take it, u don't like those fluty or bell tones let me know where you were swinging ill check it out for ya

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, more jokes from peanut gallery. Don't worry, it's ok that your brain can't comprehend more than a single sound.

So you don't like jokes from the "peanut gallery" so you resort to personal insults. Nice!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally think this thread has just gotten off track from what the,op had initially was asking so I'd say let's go back & try & give him a hand with the question at hand

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to todays finds and see how many nice treasures were found with ATPros in the last couple months. I will tell u before u look...alot of them! But, to defend the Etrac (and i dont like to) there are a limited amount of people out there willing to pay the price for an Etrac. All i am saying is that when a machine is routinely finding as much stuff as the ATP; its not a piece of junk!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread