Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems to me that you're bored, so for the purpose of some twisted amusement you're stirring the pot.
I am twisted i am not the one that said ones that do not own E-Trac's have a inferiority complex ….your buddy Cosmic said that but then that is ok for he knocks every thing that is not a E-Trac..so any thing he says is fine….And you give him a like for that and then dunk me for the ego thing ????????

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am twisted i am not the one that said ones that do not own E-Trac's have a inferiority complex ….your buddy Cosmic said that but then that is ok for he knocks every thing that is not a E-Trac..so any thing he says is fine….And you give him a like for that and then dunk me for the ego thing ????????

Minelab Civil war! I think back to the good ole days when we all used to just beat up on Garrett. :)

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My word maybe go back and read my post... There is always someone trying to compare the AT pro to something else.. It is a good detector that is waterproof.. That's it... Good for stirring the pot it since it is waterproof !!! Side by side on un-dug targets the Etrac is better for me.. Look at the last statement in my previous post.. Mid priced and upper end..What it really comes down to is not a better detector, rather a better operator, and better detecting spots..

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
………………... th.jpeg

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's next? Comparing a corvette to a pinto? :laughing7:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
What's next? Comparing a corvette to a pinto? :laughing7:
.. I hate to tell you this i have had both and fell in love with my pinto never did like the corvette …. I saw a restored pinto last year and i would take it over any corvette ………

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.. I hate to tell you this i have had both and fell in love with my pinto never did like the corvette …. I saw a restored pinto last year and i would take it over any corvette ………

To each his own brother.......Keep swinging!!!

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that the 2 are even being compared here in the same ball park i think says a lot for the at pro given you could pretty much buy 2 at pros for the price of 1 etrac..

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Its like comparing Bologna to a steak. Both are good, and both have their place, but when I'm really hungry, I will take the steak any day lol. I will take the steaktrac er I mean etrac.......

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fact that the 2 are even being compared here in the same ball park i think says a lot for the at pro given you could pretty much buy 2 at pros for the price of 1 etrac..

Not really......just a lot of people have the AT. That wouldn't even be the case if not for television.......

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Not really......just a lot of people have the AT. That wouldn't even be the case if not for television.......
Well before treasure forums no one ever argued over detectors you got a detector and found things . back then every one liked each other and liked what ever detector one used………… Now every one has to knock other detectors and compare them to meat , cars you name it .. I think the human race is getting less humane every year……...

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That quote in no way knocked a detector. How did it knock a detector? What negative remark was made towards the said detector? Was said detector stated to have been a bad, poor, or even an under performer in the world of detection devices? If you have one of the said detectors...AT PRO.....love it, swing it, find things with it, be HAPPY with it....rather than spending so much time on the Minelab forum trying to compare it to an Etrac.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Guys, lets just say we agree to disagree and go detecting. And when you go , use what you got and believe in. Obviously everyone arguing including me has found good things with our detectors we have, or we wouldn't be defending them. So lets go find some more good stuff.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guys, lets just say we agree to disagree and go detecting. And when you go , use what you got and believe in. Obviously everyone arguing including me has found good things with our detectors we have, or we wouldn't be defending them. So lets go find some more good stuff.

+1 on that

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those just happen to be my first two detectors I ever bought. I bought the AT Pro, not because of a TV show or anything else, but because I had read several favorable reviews about it. Once I realized how fun the hobby was, I bought an E-trac, as it also received many high notes from professionals. I love them both, in different ways. My AT Pro is super light and my go-to detector in high traffic public areas, where it is likely to be trashy. It is also the detector I use if the weather is going to be bad, due to its water-proofing. My E-trac is my silver magnet, as I have found silver in areas that I had previously searched with my AT Pro, and I use it nearly everywhere else. It is heavier, and I'm not a buff guy, but I have no problems swinging it for several hours. I love its ability for customization, even though it may not be as robust as some White's models.

My first few runs with the E-trac were discouraging, because I thought it would be as simple as my AT Pro. But once I learned her sweet music, I was able to ID a variety of targets correctly before digging.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250

I disagree. I wonder how they differ in performance side by side. I can see how you say that TV is the reason for the At pro but that isn't the reason I have looked at it, I hadn't even seen the show until after I was trying to compair the two.

To someone new to detecting they would seem like they have the same features. Ground ballance, conductivity ID, changeable frequency, rolling audio. But the difference in how they preform side by side throws a lot of people off because minelab owners love theirs and garrett owners love the At. Not many people have hours on both and can compair.

I am wondering the same thing looking at getting a new detector. I understand the etrac is better but by how much. It seems the audio on it gives better response with more variation to what is in the ground compared to the AT (seems like the etrac has more tones) the etrac I noticed has 2 sets of ID numbers instead of the 1-99 of AT. Does that give you a beter breakdown of the conductivity. I also noticed the display is much different.

With that being said I understand there are difference but how much different do those things make. Do you get the price difference in performance. The etrac is better but by how much

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With that being said I understand there are difference but how much different do those things make. Do you get the price difference in performance. The etrac is better but by how much

This is a false logic that many (far too many) fall into. This is not a business where investing $$ into widget abc = a higher % of return than the % of outlay. Just remember that this is a hobby. You are supposed to be having fun. If you are happy with a BH outlaw, an At-pro, or a GPX5000, why worry about it? If you can find more by spending an extra $5000 on a detector (and you have that much money to spend) then why worry about whether you find 10%, 20%, 50% or any specific amount more? You can afford it and you are finding more than previously so you should be happy.

Too many worry about what everyone else is using and who's detector is better. I'm happy with my CTX, and before that I was happy with my E-Trac, before that I was happy with my 6000 Dipro SL, before that my Garrett MH7.

Hunt, dig, be happy.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe there's a reason all these people on tv use them.... :dontknow:

SavageHunter

May 29, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Xterra 705, Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe there's a reason all these people on tv use them.... :dontknow:

I bought my At Pro based on all of the posts and reviews on the forums, not the tv shows. Heck, I didn't even know the tv shows existed. Lol

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
This is a false logic that many (far too many) fall into. This is not a business where investing $$ into widget abc = a higher % of return than the % of outlay. Just remember that this is a hobby. You are supposed to be having fun. If you are happy with a BH outlaw, an At-pro, or a GPX5000, why worry about it? If you can find more by spending an extra $5000 on a detector (and you have that much money to spend) then why worry about whether you find 10%, 20%, 50% or any specific amount more? You can afford it and you are finding more than previously so you should be happy.

Too many worry about what everyone else is using and who's detector is better. I'm happy with my CTX, and before that I was happy with my E-Trac, before that I was happy with my 6000 Dipro SL, before that my Garrett MH7.

Hunt, dig, be happy.

I think a lot of people are like me and refer to better as in better percentage of correctly identifying what I'd in the ground prior to digging and the ability to pick up what you want to dig. If I want to coin shoot how much of a difference is there if I only wanted to dig coins, or relics, or so on. Which gives the more stable read outs of what's in the ground. Which one separates targets from nearby trash or iron given the same size and type coil (recovery speed.) which gives the end user the be flatter performance over various ground types such as beaches, saltwater sand. Which one has the more customizable settings.

I don't correlate high price means better machine. If I didn't discriminate anything and dug everything I could use any machine without ever wanting something more. from the research I've done the etrac has better recovery, more increments for target ID, and a lot more audible tones. Myself and I'm sure a lot of other people here want to know is are these true and if so by how much of a difference do each of these things make. And is the price difference worth it for what you see.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread