Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to todays finds and see how many nice treasures were found with ATPros in the last couple months. I will tell u before u look...alot of them! But, to defend the Etrac (and i dont like to) there are a limited amount of people out there willing to pay the price for an Etrac. All i am saying is that when a machine is routinely finding as much stuff as the ATP; its not a piece of junk!

Like DiggerinVA says....they are both VERY Capable machines....the Etrac is a little pricey...but i do belive the cost is worth it. Im a die hard AT Pro Fan, But I hunt with a guy that uses the Etrac....its a great machine....IMO....its the best "Set up" from the ATP

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to todays finds and see how many nice treasures were found with ATPros in the last couple months. I will tell u before u look...alot of them! But, to defend the Etrac (and i dont like to) there are a limited amount of people out there willing to pay the price for an Etrac. All i am saying is that when a machine is routinely finding as much stuff as the ATP; its not a piece of junk!

That's true there are a good amount of finds from people usingvan Atpro but really can't go by that cuz that's just certain users willing to post what they found, not calling any machine crap period I think they all find metal comes down to what u like. The Atpro is popular because of what it can do & the price its at makes it a good buy & more affordable by the average person. I think if we all had unlimited funds we would all have the top of the line machines

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think if we all had unlimited funds we would all have the top of the line machines
I've had a few "top" models. Some I've liked, some not so much. Like the ATP better than most!

(not directed at you christo) Yes yes I know, I must not have learned how to use the world hunger ending, world peace bringing magic wand properly!

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i had unlimited funds, i wouldn't need a better machine. I'd just buy better spots to hunt! Maybe a nice big field in Gettysburg? LOL!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had a few "top" models. Some I've liked, some not so much. Like the ATP better than most!

(not directed at you christo) Yes yes I know, I must not have learned how to use the world hunger ending, world peace bringing magic wand properly!

No I know what u mean I know from talking with ya for a while you do have had top of the line machines & many of them & I know you knew how to use them properly, some machines just work better for others then some do its just a matter of finding what works best for you I think fella in ur circumstance u and ur Atpro & cz are there, just cuz you got rid of the etrac, & the whites doesn't mean u didn't know how to use them they just weren't ur thing, which is the same I'm goin threw I got a 3 week old xterra 705 duel coils hole 9 yards great machine can.I use yup but doeant click with me. Theres gonna always be my toys are better then ur unless ur using the same as me & if not then must not know how to use it. Stinks I see it in almost every thread when a comparison pops up

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a 3 week old xterra 705 duel coils hole 9 yards great machine can.I use yup but doeant click with me.
I know I'll be taking this ot, but why do you feel that way? Anything specific?

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't believe this thread is this long.. From what I have read on the forum it seems like the ones with a AT Pro have a inferiority complex!! HA!! They are always comparing it to high end machines! I used one for a year 4-5 times a week 2-6 hour hunts.. After being sent back a few times.. They are a good mid-priced machine with the + of being waterproof.. There a some others in the price range that don't have the water capability that I would much rather use.. Good machine, but not all that.. Etrac is a top of the line, very adjustable, extremely capable of many things.. That is the difference between a mid and a high-end machine
What it really comes down to is not a better detector, rather a better operator, and better detecting spots..
This should get some in a uproar !!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll pm ya so I don't go off track

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing we all need to remember is the guy hunting the plowed field in VA, the guy hunting the city park in NY, the guy hunting the swimming hole in TN and the guy hunting the beach in FL are not going to agree on what machine works the best...

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing we all need to remember is the guy hunting the plowed field in VA, the guy hunting the city park in NY, the guy hunting the swimming hole in TN and the guy hunting the beach in FL are not going to agree on what machine works the best...

Exactly what I been trying to say for many years, thats another thing that makes it so hard when asking these specific questions

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again...I was simply trying to learn what the differences were between the two machines...it was never about which one was better.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go to the kellyco compare page and put them up side-by-side.
Kellyco Metal Detector Comparison

Wow, somethine half-way usable from KC! I only say "half way" because when I did a comparison of the AT and CTX, they had some of the CTX facts wrong. They don't list a rechargable battery, but it DOES come with one. They also list it as having 8 audio tones when it has 50. They don't list it as having additional coils available, headphone jack is listed only as a 1/4" but it also has a waterproof HP attachment.

Not everything is wrong, but enough that you need to be careful when using it.

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True enough Jason, but I figured that it was a good place to start for general comparisons.
Who knows? It might have been the most prudent post in this thread as far as the OP is concerned.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True enough Jason, but I figured that it was a good place to start for general comparisons.
Who knows? It might have been the most prudent post in this thread as far as the OP is concerned.

You're right, it does give a fairly good look at the similarities and differences between detectors if you stick to the basics.

OP
OP
ATGoldGuy

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great suggestion. Ill check it out! Thank you!

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
You must set your etrac to run in iron so there is little or no nulling. Plus for the users that do not like the tones of the etrac - there's a simple fix. Set the tones to 1, 2 or 4 tones. No need to listen to multi tones if you don't like it. I can hunt iron infested sites better than with the atpro. I've had 4 atpro's and for me will not come close to the etrac. Now for a swimmer, tot lot and back up machine the atpro is a great second Fiddle to the etrac. I thought my atpro's were a super machine until I went hunting with Bill_S about 3 years go. He would locate a deep target and no matter how I set the atpro it wouldn't even beep. I also had a Whites M6 that I turned the threshhold up on and it would'nt beep either. I watched as he dug a barber dime and Merc at 10 inches. 2 weeks later I owned an etrac and never looked back. My silver pile has grown a lot faster as well. This is just my experience. Yours may differ?

Last edited:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
​OK it is like this in detectors if you like the one you have and the make and model you have it is the best detector out there….

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't believe this thread is this long.. From what I have read on the forum it seems like the ones with a AT Pro have a inferiority complex!! HA!! .. Etrac is a top of the line, very adjustable, extremely capable of many things.. !
… Well it seems to me the ones with top line detectors had a very big ego…………….. And the E-Trac is not good for under water or gold prospecting……….

Longhair

May 26, 2012
Backside Of Nowhere In Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2,
Fisher 1280X,
MineLab Xterra 705,
MineLab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
… Well it seems to me the ones with top line detectors had a very big ego…………….. And the E-Trac is not good for under water or gold prospecting……….
It seems to me that you're bored, so for the purpose of some twisted amusement you're stirring the pot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread