Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: European 'vs' US-Australian detectors.

Digger82 said:
I airtested the Gm3 with a 50 euro cent coin and got result of 15,9 inch, this is with a automatic settings.

I think the machine is very powerfull and the coil size is 10,5" dd. :icon_thumleft:
I will stick with the Sov.GT it gets just as much depth and nulls out iron great if that's what you want 10 to 15 inches is no problem i can get 8 inches on my DFX with the right program and coil and cost a lot less then those over sea,s brands . This is no bull this year i was in a very old field with my DFX i was using a mixed mode program and my 10x12 coil i had a good signal it showed 8 inches deep +74 VDI i looked for 20 minutes for that target and could not find it ? my last scoop of dirt in my hand i ran it past my coil and heard it i looked in my hand and saw nothing ?? finally!! i saw it a copper BB 8 inches deep :laughing7: it must of been plowed under at one time it had a nice green patina to i was amazed that machine found that Dd60

Digger82

Mar 5, 2009
Finland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,Golden mask 5+, Makro racer 2 pro pack and Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: European 'vs' US-Australian detectors.

Deepdiger60 said:
I will stick with the Sov.GT it gets just as much depth and nulls out iron great if that's what you want 10 to 15 inches is no problem i can get 8 inches on my DFX with the right program and coil and cost a lot less then those over sea,s brands . This is no bull this year i was in a very old field with my DFX i was using a mixed mode program and my 10x12 coil i had a good signal it showed 8 inches deep +74 VDI i looked for 20 minutes for that target and could not find it ? my last scoop of dirt in my hand i ran it past my coil and heard it i looked in my hand and saw nothing ?? finally!! i saw it a copper BB 8 inches deep :laughing7: it must of been plowed under at one time it had a nice green patina to i was amazed that machine found that Dd60

Sov.gt price is around 700-800$ and i paid 358 euros for the Golden mask 3, so i think it`s pretty cheap, dont you think. ::) Gm3 allready has very good iron discrimination, so no complaints in that area.

The recovery speed is great and the machine finds tiny copper etc. no problem. The machine is designed for european conditions, where silver coins can be very thin and small.

Our fields are full of rusty iron and the machine finds good targets amongs the iron just fine. :icon_thumleft:

If you find the Sov.gt good, stick with it and i will gladly stick with mine. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread