Ever dig a pull tab like this one? Post your best pull tab!!

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Since we haven't heard from GatorBoy, I'll chime. looks to be a small denomination silver Cob, or maybe part of a larger one, from the Mexico mint, first established in 1535, and producing these crude 'Caba de Barras' up to the 1770s.
A bar of silver was simply cut into slices of the approximate weight, these sliver planchets were then hammer struck between crude dies, and clipped down to exact weight.
IMO, one of the finest finds.
Read more here:Spanish Colonial Cobs: Introduction
That is AMAZING!!!!!!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
That is AMAZING!!!!!!
And I can definitely say that it did not sound like a pulltab, then again maybe it's a fake.
A genuine one will sound like the thick lump of silver that it is :laughing7:
NC FINDS 3-22 001.jpg

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always find bullets, shell casings, and axe heads at schools. Only one nail ever at a school. But I agree its best to clean these up! I like 462's tab

Hang on to a handful of the sharp objects including the broken glass to keep in your trash pocket. I have run into a couple city park rangers that showed an iffy attitude. When I showed them the handful of harmful objects their attitudes did a complete 180. One even gave me his card in case I "ran into any trouble" Sometimes that trash can be a tool!

DFW_THer

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2008
Coinslaughtersville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett Carrot Glued To A Stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread makes me sad. Death to the pulltab! None are unique and none are interesting. BAH HUMBUG!!

haha

Brad

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread