Ever dig a pull tab like this one? Post your best pull tab!!

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my favorite, because it says something about what we do when we pick-up the trash that people carelessly discarded! In my short time metal detecting, I have picked up quite a few shredded aluminum cans and even razor blades in areas that small children play. I feel like we provide a public service by removing these dangerous items before someone gets hurt by them.
View attachment 864121

This one works on parking meters one thin dime:laughing7:

OP
OP
wvdirtdigger

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were in my pouch I don't clean them out often and never payed attention to them but interesting .thanks for the topic and getting me looking.

Nice tabs. Looks like my pouch most days!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
The ring is marked with name and dates,
according to swedish law u have 14 days after finding a lost ring or any lost item of value to turn it in to the police,then it will sit there for 3 months if no owner is found and u get it back.
if the owner is found there is a "finders reward" of 10% of the value.
the blackout is there to not show part of the name that was showing in the picture as someone not the owner may claim to be the owner aslong as they know the name/date inside the ring.
:D

Thanks K,
I'm all for finding the owners of lost items, but have heard too many stories of things turned in to the 'Authorities' which then disappear with no record of where they actually went. Appreciate the story :) HH to You .

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the old beaver tail style tabs are really hated by ring hunters since aluminum rings up just like a gold ring -- and due to design style it even gets the double beep a ring will due to the "ring" type design

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
blinged pull tab.JPG If I can't beat them, I make them fun--I made this and wear it everytime I go out :)

AGirlGetsDirty

Aug 12, 2013
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Minelab & Whites, Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding stuff like pulltabs in perfect condition is the first hurdle, lol. But if I find something I can use to 'recycle into something else, I will. I found a huge nail, and tried to make it into a bracelet (Cartier sells nail bracelets for big $$$ go figure!) but I could not bend it 1 mm for the life of me.

Can we recycle big iron pieces do you know?

opee

Oct 26, 2009
hales corners. wi
Detector(s) used
BH and AT max
Got to use fire to heat it. And yes you can make money off iron, but you will be digging a lot to get rich. Lol

OP
OP
wvdirtdigger

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of the best coins I ever dug was a 1841 seated half dime. I hunted this trashy spot weeks on end pulling out pull tabs. I pulled two pull tabs out of the ground and rechecked the hole getting a signal about 5" deep. That was the seated coin above. So it's hard to tell what an old pull tab is hiding!!!!

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never thought I would be posting on a thread about pull tabs, but I have been hunting a campground that closed in 1974 off and on all year and have found quite a few of the older early 1960's era zip tabs. The first pic is all the zip tabs found this year, and the ones in the second pic are technically bottle caps, but they do fit in this category since they do have a "pull tab" on them. Enjoy!!

Attachments

• DSC02437.JPG
    DSC02437.JPG
    578 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC02442.JPG
    DSC02442.JPG
    568.7 KB · Views: 115

torreya

Aug 15, 2013
Never thought I would be posting on a thread about pull tabs, but I have been hunting a campground that closed in 1974 off and on all year and have found quite a few of the older early 1960's era zip tabs. The first pic is all the zip tabs found this year, and the ones in the second pic are technically bottle caps, but they do fit in this category since they do have a "pull tab" on them. Enjoy!!

Cool caps!

OP
OP
wvdirtdigger

wvdirtdigger

Mar 9, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never seen ones like you have in the second pic

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that a piece of a silver coin?
Since we haven't heard from GatorBoy, I'll chime. looks to be a small denomination silver Cob, or maybe part of a larger one, from the Mexico mint, first established in 1535, and producing these crude 'Caba de Barras' up to the 1770s.
A bar of silver was simply cut into slices of the approximate weight, these sliver planchets were then hammer struck between crude dies, and clipped down to exact weight.
IMO, one of the finest finds.
Read more here:Spanish Colonial Cobs: Introduction

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread