OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• BP.jpg
    BP.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 654

Cablava

May 24, 2005
Here is the link page to the 12 ROV's working on this disaster. Some are live, some are in standby, some are monitoring and some spraying oil dispersant.

I watched them cut the 21 inch riser on one of these feeds and watched them lower the LMRP to the prepared top of the BOP stack.

http://www.bp.com/genericarticle.do?categoryId=9033572&contentId=7062605

As for the loop video they were putting out I suspect if you have seen a few minutes of the video then the next days of it will be the same unless they close off the flow and that is evident that they have not as yet. The ROV has better things to do than moitor the flow 100% of the time.

Sadly it is going to take a while before they manage to either close it or get 100% oil gas recovery. And it is not just BP personnel who are working on this just about anyone who is an expert from the major oil companies are involved. Including the public, I read there were over 15000 mostly constructive ideas sent to BP by the public.

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Yes, that is a good video and one that all the divers on here can utlize to recognize this stuff coming at them if it hits the other side of Florida, or the Carribean.

itmaiden

FISHEYE said:
A rare and different perspective at the oil spill from beneath the surface. The AP's Rich Matthews got an exclusive look at the spill by joining a dive team who explored how the oil is impacting the Gulf of Mexico. (June 9)

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/vide...-Exclusive-Scuba-Diving-in-the-Gulf-Oil-Spill

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 3,300 Volunteers and over 300 Captains strong.

Our mission: "To be prepared to protect the 4th largest reef system in the world in the event that oil threatens it."

Our Motto....."Be Prepared For The Worst."

Florida Keys Oil Spill Response

Attn: Shoreline Monitors

If you see any oil or tarballs IMMEDIATELY CALL the
US Coast Guard at 1-800-424-8802 also make sure you check with Reef Relief or the Nature Conservancy on the proper way to walk shoreline so as not to damage any sensitive habitat areas!

Attn: All commercial Fisherman, Shrimpers, Charter Boat Captains. Please make sure you and every professional you know is signed up at keysspill.com, you will need to be HAZMAT certified before you will be able to work the waters if oil is present.

In an effort to be proactive in protecting our Florida Keys environment, KeysSpill.com has been created to help link all partner projects (U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service , Nature Conservancy) with volunteers, including Charter Captains,Divemasters, Businesses, Organizations
and Individuals.

KeysSpill.com now has a database of over 3,300 volunteers and is growing everyday!

We exist to protect the fisheries, living coral reefs, marine life, the Florida Keys economy, and the Keys way of life!

This KeysSpill.com site is being updated daily with the latest news on meetings and events, visit this site often to stay informed. Things that you might help with include
pre-assessments, boom deployment, beach clean ups, boat work, organizing efforts, local informational meetings, trainings, etc.

Please email "EVERYONE" you know and tell them to sign up at www.keysspill.com, we need volunteers.

***** IMPORTANT *****

Please print out our Flyer and give to everyone you know, you can make copies of it at Office Depot or any other quick copy location. Click Here to download the Flyer in Word Format

***** Training *****

Hazmat Training

(Please note: We have contacted the Coast Guard and BP in regards to providing free HAZMAT training to our volunteers. The response we received is that BP pays for training but not until Spill Oil has been indentified in
our area by the Coast Guard.)

FULL DISCOUNTED HAZMAT TRAINING COURSE NOW ONLINE FOR KEYSSPILL.COM VOLUNTEERS PBSA Inc, has setup up a unique page on our website for keysspill.com volunteers.PBSA has established a discounted price of $69.00 per person for the OSHA Hazwoper (Hazmat) 24 hour training course. Once the student starts the course, they may take the course at their own pace and may login and logout as needed. The course includes 24 hour support by telephone, email and live chat. They may print their completion certificate immediately after successful completion of the course.Here is the link for the course: http://www.oshacampusonline.com/keysspill-24-hour-hazmat.html

http://www.keysspill.com/

Attachments

• mast.jpg
    mast.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 617

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
FISHEYE said:
The response we received is that BP pays for training but not until Spill Oil has been indentified in our area by the Coast Guard.

Being reactive and not proactive is one of the reasons why BP has always been playing catch-up with this disaster.

Mariner

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was close to my estimate.

An internal BP document released june/21/2010 Sunday by Rep. Edward Markey, D-Massachusetts, indicates the company believed that the worst-case scenario of oil gushing into the Gulf could be as high as 100,000 barrels, or 4.2 million gallons of oil per day -- the highest figure yet to surface regarding the leaking oil well.

Where did you get 55 gallons a second ? I'm going by what BP gives the news and some average data off of government webpages. However, any catastrophe that involved mother nature could be different and 55 gallons a second would not be impossible.

itmaiden

I get 4,752,000 gallons in a 24 hour period.You figure a 22 inch pipe pouring out 55 gallons a second.

UNCLENICK

Dec 8, 2009
NorCal Foothills
If the Gulfstream does carry it to England, then well have to save there asses like we have the past 100 years...If not then we are looked at like a bad country...We need to help ourselves not everyone else. Our Govt wants to help Veitnam for the war 50 years ago, other poverty countries, etc, but not the unemployed, Certain people who are screwed with straw mortgages, and the econ. What happened is such B.S. stop the soft touching, and civilized talks-Kick some ass Obama and other high officials!!!

Nick

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one can patent this oil spill invention.Once its put out on the internet for everyone to see,its now open source and can not be patented or have a copyright on it.But it wont stop anyone who wants to make them and sell them to BP for lots of $$$.All i need is a few pics of the device and i can copy it.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
You can sell them to Florida ;D They have plenty of gold in their vault to pay for it.

itmaiden

FISHEYE said:
No one can patent this oil spill invention.Once its put out on the internet for everyone to see,its now open source and can not be patented or have a copyright on it.But it wont stop anyone who wants to make them and sell them to BP for lots of $$$.All i need is a few pics of the device and i can copy it.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im ready for the sharks.Got 60lbs of beef in my freezer for bait,several large deep sea rods and reels and my 9mm glock and 40mm russian shotgun. :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
FISHEYE

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The X Prize Foundation

The X Prize Foundation announced today that it is developing a multimillion-dollar “oil spill cleanup X challenge” to come up with solutions to cleaning up shorelines and open water fouled by oil leaking from the BP Deepwater Horizon rig in the Gulf of Mexico.

Speaking at the TEDxOilSpill conference in Washington, Frances Beland of the X Prize Foundation asked the audience of 300, and many more watching the conference’s videostream, “What do you prize?” Beland told CNN after his appearance that the oil-related challenge will probably offer about $3 million in prize money for a cleanup solution.

The X Prize Foundation gained public attention for its X Prize of $10 million awarded for the development of private spacecraft, and the nonprofit foundation has created other prize challenges.

Beland said the foundation wanted to come up with a prize to find a solution to capping the well but found it was unable to obtain enough data to design such a challenge, so it opted to focus on the cleanup.

“We’re going to launch a prize for cleanup, and we’re going to kick ass,” he said, to applause.

Beland said 35,000 solutions to the Gulf crisis have been proposed to BP, the government and other organizations, including the X Prize Foundation.

“Every time we have a challenge, you know who wins? It’s not someone from the industry, it’s a maverick, a freethinker.”

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/06/28/x-prizes-multimillion-dollar-challenge-for-gulf-oil-solutions/

delaford321

Apr 25, 2010
Wow, I have been away from the tv for a few days so to see the continuation and worsening progression of this really saddens me. It is hard for me to imagine life down there for the next 10-20yrs.

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
Salvor6 said:
They say the Gulf stream will take the oil all the way to England. Wouldn't that be nice for BP?

I know you meant England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as they are all British (British being the B in BP)
However I actually think it would be better landing on the doorstep of the majority of BPs share holders.....oh wait it already did. :thumbsup:

:coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread