F75 makes a funny noise (not haha funny) bad noise.

longislandpirate

Apr 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
At Pro, Fisher CZ-20, XP Deus
I just want to throw this out there to see if anyone has an idea what might be wrong.
I went to the beach the other day with my F75 (original not ltd or se) and all worked perfect. The next day I deceided to clean it because it was covered with sand. I hosed down the coil and shaft about half way up, unscrewed the base of the coil from the shaft and cleaned out the connecting parts, I dried everthing and put it back together. Water never came in contact or even close to the electronics.
I went to do some 4th of July hunting and everything seems to work ok except there seems to be alot of static sound now. I thought maybe it was the new location I was detecting but used it today at a local hunting ground and its still humming and buzzing. I checked the batteries and they are almost new, I did a factory reset and the noise is still there but it occasionally seems to quiet down only for a little while. Any Ideas? There is no coil cover on the detector. I'm thinking I may need a new coil.
Let me know what you guys and gals are thinking any help would be great.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you washed the coil down, did you remove the coil cover too? You may have gotten water inside the cover which is reacting with any black sand that is there.

Revised Post. Quess I didn' t read about the lack of a coil cover.

N2CU

Feb 13, 2011
Orchard Park, Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F70, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He said there's no coil cover. Did you unplug the coil from the control unit? Make sure your connector is dry, fully seated and tight.

Streak!

Mar 4, 2009
thats the best advice you could have given him! A LOT of perceived problems with the F75 are due to a loose coil wire connector. It needs to be 100% tight! Extra noise that wasnt there before.....a failure to Fast grab properly...and poor depth are all attributable to a poor connection at the control box. Unplug it...........................reinsert it as far as it will go.and then make sure that knurled nut is ALL the way tight. Good suggestion!

N2CU said:
He said there's no coil cover. Did you unplug the coil from the control unit? Make sure your connector is dry, fully seated and tight.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread