Fairgrounds Finds

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
I only hit it for about an hour today and a different fairgrounds about an hour away and did mainly alot of driving and lookin.I did get in a litlle detectin of course and found 23 clad 2 wheats (1941,1957d) and a george washington coin or token.The token comemorates his birth with the dates 1732-1932.Any idea on value?It was about 6 in deep.Also,PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR SURROUNDINGS!!I found the wheats in a area no bigger than about a 3 foot square where a earth mover dragged its blade.Every coin I have found has been in a 1/2 to 3 in area where my coil just happened to be.Don't overlook small patches of area.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• cladtoday.jpg
    cladtoday.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 404
  • wheats.jpg
    wheats.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 379
  • tokenfront.jpg
    tokenfront.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 379
  • tokenback.jpg
    tokenback.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool token!

GunFarce

Dec 26, 2004
Innisfil On Canada
Nice bunch of coins! I'm just starting to get the hang of my machine..When I get a solid tone thats consistant regardless of the angle, there is always a coin, or some other solid metal object.. I 'zap' out beer caps now.. Have you ever found anything of value.. i.e. coin, ring..etc.. when the machine gives multiple tones, and readings? I have hit several areas, where the indicator jumps from pulltab to screwtop, to $1.00 (silver) depending on the angle you swing it.. but have never found anything worth while on a signal like that.. Am I missing stuff, or are signals like that 'usually' junk?

N

nutso

Nice token. Have a fairgrounds near me and I have permission, just not alot of time.
Concerning those broken signals, I dig all of them so I can see what's there, then might discriminate depending on situation. I have found cool stuff on a broken signal and junk with a good signal. It all depends on how much time you have to dig as to whether to disc. or not. Remember your going to lose depth if you disc.

N

NC Barefoot2

Thanks for sharing the items you found today. That is one nice looking token you found, especially the reverse side. I also want to do the local fair gounds but first need to find out who manages the land when not in use.

NC Barefoot2

M

mtl-huntr

Bigrig you are the MAN!!!.....always bringing in great finds I am starting to learn my machine....its getting easier...just got back from the school yard spent about an hour found about a dollar in clads ...Lots of FUN!!!!!

F

Floater

Nice Token BigRig. And of course, as usual the rest of the coins dont hurt LOL HH

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Dang, the coin master does it again! They should name a MD that is designed specialy for coins after you ..THE BIGRIG 2000 XL-PRO ...lol Are you sure you just dont have a hole in your pocket? ;D Anyways, that token is kik azz! That would make my day!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice token bigrig. It's pretty neat. I have a few similar one's with different presidents. But they are not the same as yours. That's a nice one and looks to be in good shape to.

Good Luck Jer

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
nice finds bigrig! i tried to find the token in my new coin book but dont see it! wtg!

OP
OP
bigrig40

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
rtde3,
We tumble em after a while and use the money for vacation gas and some of the money we reinvest into silver coins for our collection.

bigrig

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread