Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fox's Interesting Find for 4/14/05

Hi there, as most of you know, I find a lot of interesting things on my little excursions out into the woods. Today I decided to break in my new Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, so I took it to one of my "hunted out" spots that only I have MD'ed at to see how it would perform. I searched for quite a while before I got a strong signal, but sure enough the Time Ranger was right on target at about 4" down. I dug and found this thing. It is about 2" tall and about 1" wide, and is silver plated. I have no idea what it was used for, but it looks like there was a pin on the back of it at one time. There are no words or numbers on it. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be? Thanks and HH!

Fox

Attachments

• 41405_1.jpg
    41405_1.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 348
  • 41405_2.jpg
    41405_2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 351
Upvote 0

brandy

Jan 15, 2005
SOUTH ARKANSAS
Re: Fox's Interesting Find for 4/14/05

Looks kinda like a corner piece off a casket. Is it flat or bent like it could have come off a rounded corner? Anyway it's a cool looking piece whatever it is.

M

mtl-huntr

I'm not sure interesting though......

N

NC Barefoot2

Dang if I know what is it but it sure looks like it has some age to it. Like brandy said, it could be a corner piece off of a casket. Take it to the local funeral home and ask if they can recognize it as a piece of history. The center of the item is the "key" to it all I would think. It looks like a fan in a way but yet, it could have some religion to it as well. Great find though. Thanks for sharing.

NC Barefoot2

F

Floater

I believe that is an Airflow regulator off a wood stove I believe it is probably brass w/ nickel plate or chrome plate. JMTC

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003

An artifact which is part of a map to the Hall of Records.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Interesting piece,,, The circular emblem looks like the one from a Hazardous Waist sign... ( NUKE ) The tongue coming down from the center looks like it might have been some type of clip, to hold something, or to attach it to something....
Cool Find,,, Hope ya figure it out...

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004

If not some form of vent control like Floater said, then I would think some type of decorative peace from something,nice find.HH

resq937

Mar 6, 2005

Dont ask why but i get the impression this is something to do with firefighting---seems to small to be a helmet plate - perhaps older day before they marked the company name on in----maybe not just a thought

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread