Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Today was cold to start but dry and sunny. Detectingfreak and another couple buddies of mine met me this morning shortly after sunrise. We headed out to a new field that turned into a bust. You know a field is poor when you have a hard time turning clad. So off we went to the next field which kicked loose the Tiffany and Co. necklace last time. We spent quite a few hours there and filled up on clad and my only piece of silver for the day. Its a little peace charm stamped .925 Thailand. Any silver is better than no silver. After lunch we decided to hit an elementary. We parked outside the gate and on a whim we started hunting a small yard size patch of grass along the road. Wheats started popping up everywhere. Along with a huge amount of Iron and rifle casings. Soon after we got started, another buddy shows up with his son. I get them started with the tesoro, and we all spent some clad to seed the lawn for the youngster. I think he ended up with a few bucks, and was all smiles the whole time. Got to start em young and I can't think of a better way to spend a few coins. Almost all of us dug a few keepers today. I also managed a Shell Coin Game token. The wheat total for me was 11. The dates are 10,12,20,30,34,40,41,42,44,46,47. No silver coins showed up but I am sure they are there. So my day was great to say the least. Thanks for looking, and luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN0791.JPG
    DSCN0791.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 1,109
  • RSCN0798.JPG
    RSCN0798.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 1,095
  • DSCN0795.JPG
    DSCN0795.JPG
    68.8 KB · Views: 1,084
  • RSCN0800.JPG
    RSCN0800.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,086
  • DSCN0792.JPG
    DSCN0792.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,089
Upvote 0
OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
JuJu said:
Ray in CA said:
Congrats on the silver, Nate!! That's an interesting piece!

Ray
Thanks Ray. I went back to the spot where we dug all the wheats. I got 3 more 1910,23, and 44 and a tax token. No silver yet but I am sure its there somewhere.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Aw, I was sure I plucked all of the wheaties out of the ground :wink: Nice job Nate!

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JuJu said:
After lunch we decided to hit an elementary. We parked outside the gate and on a whim we started hunting a small yard size patch of grass along the road. Wheats started popping up everywhere. Along with a huge amount of Iron and rifle casings.

For some reason I find the most ammo castings around schools and tot lots :dontknow:

great finds! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions