Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goes to show that if you want to have skulls and skeletons in your house you better be a gov employee, a curator for a museum, or a permit or license to have them.
Period.
Other wise, throw them out with the trash, or sell them inconspicuously. Or put them on a proper door step in the middle of the night with no traces back to you.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and anyway, what the H does re-repatriation mean? Did someone take his artifacts and repatriate them a long time ago, then this guy got them back, so now they have to be re-repatriated?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...and anyway, what the H does re-repatriation mean? Did someone take his artifacts and repatriate them a long time ago, then this guy got them back, so now they have to be re-repatriated?

"re-repatriated ?" my guess if not a Typo, they were given back, the owner sold them,
& Now they will be given back to be resold again ? :dontknow:

Nice Racket if you can be in on it :unhappysmiley:

findingwaters

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will have to read up on this one. Interesting but I'm a bit behind with the news!

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow! Is it just me or did he have the most bada$$ collection ever!! (the tunnel itself makes me jealous!)

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This quote is the one i'm interested in...

"Northern said that some statutes and treaties are retroactive."

I think that one needs a more in depth explanation.

I can't wait to see how this fiasco turns out.

BTW- The 1906 Antiquities Act only applies to federal land as far as I know. The burden of proof as to whether or not his artifacts came from such, lies on the Feds.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
My Dad, an attorney, believes that he knew his time was coming, didn't want to get caught and go to prison, so he confessed, made a deal so he wouldn't have to go to prison then turned his collection over and is ratting out other black market antiquity dealers.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Dad, an attorney, believes that he knew his time was coming, didn't want to get caught and go to prison, so he confessed, made a deal so he wouldn't have to go to prison then turned his collection over and is ratting out other black market antiquity dealers.

Speculation. ....

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Speculation. ....

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

What makes you say that? Criminals think in very similar ways. My dad has seen their ways for 20+ years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes you say that? Criminals think in very similar ways. My dad has seen their ways for 20+ years.

Unless your father personally knows him or the FBI agents conducting investigation it is speculation.....

spec·u·la·tion

ˌspekyəˈlāSHən/

noun

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

investment in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss.

"the company's move into property speculation"

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other
Unless your father personally knows him or the FBI agents conducting investigation it is speculation.....

spec·u·la·tion

ˌspekyəˈlāSHən/

noun

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

"there has been widespread speculation that he plans to quit"

investment in stocks, property, or other ventures in the hope of gain but with the risk of loss.

"the company's move into property speculation"

True, but the way you say makes me believe that you think we are completely wrong. Technically you're speculating that we're wrong ;) lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True, but the way you say makes me believe that you think we are completely wrong. Technically you're speculating that we're wrong ;) lol

I simply said it was speculation.......

Same thing a lawyer would say in court if statement was made from witness chair by someone who had no contact or involement with either side...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you and your dad already have him convicted huh? I mean you just called him a criminal without even knowing whether or not he did anything illegal yet. Not too smart. Unless you're privy to some inside information we don't know about?

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you and your dad already have him convicted huh? I mean you just called him a criminal without even knowing whether or not he did anything illegal yet. Not too smart. Unless you're privy to some inside information we don't know about?

What movie is that oh yeah Office Space were the guy invents the "Jump to Conclusions Mat". Sound's like someone's father is a prosecutor, I believe that's there way of thinking.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What movie is that oh yeah Office Space were the guy invents the "Jump to Conclusions Mat". Sound's like someone's father is a prosecutor, I believe that's there way of thinking.
Yeah, guilty until proven innocent.

Guest 1551

Aug 4, 2013
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Other

Haha that's just the way I write. Though keep in mind, that being the government, if they are able to prove just one little scraper was illegally obtained, there goes his whole collection.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would not doubt one bit... Comments like this and other's seem to reason someone is trying to undermine us. Seriously you think we are that stupid?

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread