Feedback bully?

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When ppl buy, I look at the feedback they leave for others, as well.
I had one lady, I don't think too many sellers, ever pleased her. I thought, "Oh great, this will probably blow". I did the package up real good and she left no FB. That was fine with me! She got no FB either, no biggie.
Etsy, you can't/don't leave FB for the buyer, that's fine with me, too.

If you leave positive feedback, then your buyer turns in to a daymare........ nah..... I ain't changing what I do either.

If your buyer turns into a daymare, what effect does your having left positive feedback have on the situation? I don't see that it would effect the situation at all, unless I am missing something. The best you could do is leave a positive feedback with a nasty comment, but would good would that do?

OP
OP
RocknRoll

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess my main point is.......There is no eBay policy requiring feedback....none.....zip.....zero.

How can I, the seller, get neutral feedback for this? The item was as described, shipped immediately with tracking, the item was received by the buyer.

The only contact was the message threatening me with neutral feedback for not leaving feedback first and and a follow up message after I messaged back asking if there was a problem with the item/ shipment.

I think I am going to report this to eBay...I did zero wrong.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The buyer can give you negative feedback for no reason at all and they do not have to explain their feedback posting to anyone.

They don't, but a buyer sending a feedback extortion message will result in eBay removing it as soon as the seller contacts them.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Again, all of this could have been avoided AND you would have a happy customer if feedback had simply been left first. If you have a problem with the buyer after the fact you can always leave a follow up comment to your original feedback. Gone are the days you can leave a negative comment as a seller so, in my opinion, there is no point in waiting and as seen in this thread and others like it not leaving feedback first can hurt your relationship with the customer and possilby end up with a neutral or negative feedback.

Responding to Feedback and adding follow-up comments

OP
OP
RocknRoll

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I spoke to eBay....they did consider this Feedback Extortion and are removing my "defect" along with another unwarranted defect.

They would not remove another defect where I received positive feedback from a noob (1 rating) but got 4 x 1 star ratings from them. I believe they left those in error and asked eBay to contact them. At the very least I argued, how can I get a 1 star for shipping time when the item shipped the same day of payment and was received 2 days later via USPS Priority mail (the specifies carrier and verified delivery)?

Oh well.

Thanks for the comments..... Agree with some and not others.

My position, I will leave feedback once it is left for me. There is no eBay policy requiring that I leave feedback (verified by conversation with eBay CSR).

I refused to be threatened by uneducated idiots who do not understand polices and I do not care what could have been avoided by being scared and acting on their ridiculous demands.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
I never leave feedback first. I enclose a little thank you note, best wishes, blah, blah, AND "please leave feedback, this lets me know you got it just fine, I'll then do the same. Any problem, don't hesitate at all to contact me".
I'm not chasing ppl down, did you get it, do you like it, will you leave me fb. They want fb, they can let me know they got it by leaving me feedback. No fb gets no fb. (I might have been doing it wrong though, there's some don't leave any fb) :dontknow:
^^^^^^^ This is what I do as well

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I spoke to eBay....they did consider this Feedback Extortion and are removing my "defect" along with another unwarranted defect.

They would not remove another defect where I received positive feedback from a noob (1 rating) but got 4 x 1 star ratings from them. I believe they left those in error and asked eBay to contact them. At the very least I argued, how can I get a 1 star for shipping time when the item shipped the same day of payment and was received 2 days later via USPS Priority mail (the specifies carrier and verified delivery)?

Oh well.

I don't know how they even have a choice for rating shipping time. If the tracking number is uploaded by the next business day, you should automatically get 5 stars.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This, in a nutshell, is why the 5 star rating system is flawed and should be terminated. Stupid newbie buyers that are clueless.

I don't know how they even have a choice for rating shipping time. If the tracking number is uploaded by the next business day, you should automatically get 5 stars.
Yeah, it's not like we can control the delivery time after it's been mailed. That's like blaming the weatherman because it's raining outside.

Henry2

May 27, 2011
Some idiot just killed my 5 star rating, gave me a positive feedback but basically trashed me in the response. Said most items were broken but right in my description I wrote items were dug and many were broken, some people:dontknow:

dumpsterdiver

Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some idiot just killed my 5 star rating, gave me a positive feedback but basically trashed me in the response. Said most items were broken but right in my description I wrote items were dug and many were broken, some people:dontknow:

You should probably look through the feedback they left for other people. But at least its positive. If you have some stuff you know will sell quickly it will get "buried" faster by others feedback comments.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree but a seller can only give positive feedback.
True there is only one option there, but I have left quite strong feedback like.

Great ebayer! Wins but never pays or answers messages.

then I block them.

sellers will get the message.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been other talks on here about how or when to do feed back..And I tried them all as I really wanted my feed back to reflect how much I was selling..and I have found that to leave it as soon as you recieve your money then mail it the next day at the latest seems to do the best at getting what I want. After all if you are waiting to see what you get, is really just black mailing the buyer with out putting it in writing..He has done his part of the bargin,,now do yours.

I have tried it both ways, does not matter. I still only get about 60% of sellers to leave feedback.
last month I went through every sale (as far back as ebay would let me) that I did not get fb on and left a positive. it was close to 30 and I might have gotten 2-3 back.

So back to my old way. I get f/b before I leave any.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FWIW, as a full time seller, I NEVER leave FB until it is left for me. It is the one thing that I stand steadfast on, with no exceptions, whatsoever.

I know that 98% of the posters here disagree with me on this.

wow, I am now in the 2% crowd. ;)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like i said as soon as i get my money and know they got the item …. I leave a feed back … If they leave me one or do not leave me one i really do not care.. But then i do not make a living on ebay .. I just sell when i find a item or dig a item …. Then when i want to get rid of something in the garage or basement..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread