This is making me sick...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd person asking to return something out of the 30 I just sold. 1 is a $200 ring, doesn't fit... Another is a silver ring, and then a sterling bracelet. They said just about that both of them are 20 expected. Even though they're the same exact thing that was in the picture! For a total of $370 being returned. And then on top of that the lady claiming her thing never showed up as well for $57. I have never had more than two returns for a whole year and I've had three in one day. Blah!!

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put buyer beware on your postings. Sorry your year is starting off so rough hopefully it gets better for you. Best of luck.

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Kid it was one of the worst holiday seasons for the USPS. On your never arrived I had a Dr in TN. try to scam me for additional product telling me it never arrived on Wednesday. Only problem was it showed delivered on tracking. He never opened a case, however gave me a negative feedback which ebay removed.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Put buyer beware on your postings. Sorry your year is starting off so rough hopefully it gets better for you. Best of luck.
Please elaborate...... to give potential buyers a "heads up" that you had honest returns or buyers with remorse?

Yeah BK23, that does kinda bite all in one day. It's like getting your home owners, car insurance, and property taxes in the mail box,
all on the same day! (I was actually weak, walking back inside.......) :laughing7:
Maybe it'll still all work out. Keep remembering, it's not a major disease, death, life changing........ GL.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Does putting 'buyer beware' protect the seller somehow? Seems like all it would do is scare off potential buyers.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3rd person asking to return something out of the 30 I just sold. 1 is a $200 ring, doesn't fit... Another is a silver ring, and then a sterling bracelet. They said just about that both of them are 20 expected. Even though they're the same exact thing that was in the picture! For a total of $370 being returned. And then on top of that the lady claiming her thing never showed up as well for $57. I have never had more than two returns for a whole year and I've had three in one day. Blah!!
What does "They said just about that both of them are 20 expected" mean? Also, do you put the ring sizes and bracelet sizes in your description? If so I would put something like, "please know your ring size/s before bidding or committing to purchase" in your listings. I don't know about "buyer beware" though, lol! Don't think I would recommend that.:dontknow: just saying...

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What does "They said just about that both of them are 20 expected" mean? Also, do you put the ring sizes and bracelet sizes in your description? If so I would put something like, "please know your ring size/s before bidding or committing to purchase" in your listings. I don't know about "buyer beware" though, lol! Don't think I would recommend that.:dontknow: just saying...

I don't know why AutoCorrect hates me. But the feeling is mutual. But yes I did put all the sizes it in and length and width although I've been using millimeter so maybe people don't know what that is. Of course I did not know what a millimeter was either as far as size until I bought the scale. So maybe I need to go back to inches but it's a lot easier to measure something in millimeters. One of the returns is a 14 karat gold ring that got crushed in the mail. I have no idea how it could happen. Although I did send it in a flat rate envelope but honestly how does it get bent? And it was inside of a padded envelope so there was no way It could've turned sideways. But I guess that's not so bad I paid five dollars sold for 90 so I guess I'll just scrap it now at least it's coming back. The other one was the bracelet and the lady did not like the design of it after she got it it looked cheap instead of high-end, because you know... sterling silver is high-end jewelry! And the third one was a pair of earrings he said he bought them for his wife for a Christmas party and she did not like them!!! I bet she wore them to the Christmas party and wanted to return them! But he opened up a case significantly not as described. B%£tard!!

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beachkid - if the $90 auction price is worth more than melt, then you can file an insurance claim for the difference. You can do it online too, and they get the checks out QUICK.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been using millimeter so maybe people don't know what that is.
yes, please speak English. MM is foreign. At least that is whet i tell my wife when she says something is so many MM long. She grew up in a country where they talk millimeter and centigrade. ;)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, please speak English. MM is foreign. At least that is whet i tell my wife when she says something is so many MM long. She grew up in a country where they talk millimeter and centigrade. ;)
LOL!
Be glad you're not buying gas by the liter! :laughing7:

metricmap.jpg
The countries in red, do not use the metric system.

I only usually use millimeters, when describing the size of a stone or cut gem. If the inch measurements get too approximate(almost a 1/2 inch, not quite 3/4's, hair shy of 1", etc....), I will also include a mm measurement.
I thought all american standard rulers included metric, nowadays. :dontknow:

What really get me, is the funky shaped and star shape, allen wrenches. :laughing7:

FragFox

Dec 21, 2014
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you get a signature confirmation? I had someone burn me on this years ago.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the ring back today in the mail. It was bent so I went and got my ring Sizer and I straightened it. It took all of three seconds to do. By the time I hit my third step on my stairs it was straightened right back out. So I think I'm just going to refund her and be done with it. There's nothing wrong with it. SHe said the jeweler would charge $65 to have it straightened!!

image-3254520815.jpg

image-2131941350.jpg

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold another pendant. The guy wants to return it, it was $80. Reason being he does not need it anymore. And asked if I would pay for the return shipping. I said no sorry if you don't need it, you can return it to me. Complete BS. 5 returns since Christmas. At least the first two I sold for the same amount I sold them for originally however I doubled the shipping cost. I don't need it anymore. That's nice that means you probably just bought it for a party something pretty to wear to an antique show or something.

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold another pendant. The guy wants to return it, it was $80. Reason being he does not need it anymore. And asked if I would pay for the return shipping. I said no sorry if you don't need it, you can return it to me. Complete BS. 5 returns since Christmas. At least the first two I sold for the same amount I sold them for originally however I doubled the shipping cost. I don't need it anymore. That's nice that means you probably just bought it for a party something pretty to wear to an antique show or something.

Do you think your return policy is worth the trouble?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread