feel pretty good about todays haul. Thoughts?

kurtma12

Apr 19, 2009
Georgia
Pawn shop today. I bought a 10 oz silver bar, 1 oz silver bar, 2 walking liberty halves, 62 washington quarter, 1 64 rosie, 8 mercury dimes, and 1 barber dime. All for $300.

Based on spot prices at the time of purchase, should have been worth $386 (I think, it was a quick calculation)
However, an identical 10 oz bar (Johnson Matthey) that ended at todays prices went for $351 on ebay, so I "could" sell that and make a quick profit and basically get the 1oz and all the coins for free.

I was pretty happy with it

blai745

May 5, 2010
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kurtma12 said:
Pawn shop today. I bought a 10 oz silver bar, 1 oz silver bar, 2 walking liberty halves, 62 washington quarter, 1 64 rosie, 8 mercury dimes, and 1 barber dime. All for $300.

Based on spot prices at the time of purchase, should have been worth $386 (I think, it was a quick calculation)
However, an identical 10 oz bar (Johnson Matthey) that ended at todays prices went for $351 on ebay, so I "could" sell that and make a quick profit and basically get the 1oz and all the coins for free.

I was pretty happy with it
whoever worked at that pawn shop really sucks at his job... Selling Silver below melt.. But Good for you though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread