Feb 3, 2020
Coastal SC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 600
ML Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the Rockies and never did an organized hunt for that treasure but always kept my eyes open. I almost don't want to know where it was found and find out I camped almost on top of it some time. I think it was probably farther south of my range anyway.

Yeah, it would really suck to find out you were very close to it at one point. :BangHead:

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked for it a couple of times back a few years ago I always wanted to go to Meadowlark Lake in Wyoming and look around but got involved with another project.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He should have ended it after the first person died looking for it. Pretty callous of him to keep the hunt going and letting at least five people die searching for it...

BTW the first person he tried to kill did stop it

It was the rest that followed it for the rush, only to see people being whacked in weird ways, only to ignore that and prop him up on a pedestal making fools of everyone

"Forrest Fenn" is a Pen Name....he sells a book.....invents his own persona as a "Treasure Hunter".....etc

But Forrest Fenn was dead in the 20s, a photographer that collected Native American photographs of their leaders and people, documenting their culture

So who is Forrest Fenn that we see on TV of all places?

Who is the real Forrest Fenn.jpg

Not that Reddit is the best place to find confirmation of a suspicion, but other people are talking about it (not that this is the best place either, but it is pretty much the go to place to chat about T-Hunting)

So if he is hinting at his alter ego, who is he?

Michael Aquino Fenn.jpg

He is after all just making it all up as he goes along......the Indiana Jones of the new millennium

Aquino Forrest Fenn.jpg

Looking at his book was one "clue" as to his identity....why someone would secretly hide a phrase in a themed picture that says, IM ZODIAC, TO HIM IN VT, is beyond me

He also conveniently hid the name of the "petrified boy" in his shaking knees in the picture.....as a warning

Why would then the media in Canada step up and make a film called "Awakening the Zodiac" using both his picture from his book, and his face in a cameo likeness that is unmistakably "Fenn"

So looking back into history we find his numerous cameos in real life seen at the site of the Lake Berryessa Zodiac Crime Scene pictured as a suspect waiting in the car in the parking lot while the hooded apprentice he ferried around San Fran was dressed as the Serial Killer, releasing numerous ciphers with his name on them as signatures.

So was he on TV before and was he using Hollywood Antics and Talk Shows to drum up support for anything sinister or elusive? You could assume that was the plan all along.

Michael Aquino Oprah Geraldo.jpg

Here is "Fenn" posing as the founder of the Church of Satan and Temple of Set with "Peggy" on Oprah and Aquino on Geraldo

There is more....as he was such an egomaniac that he had to sign his cards and ciphers with specific patterning that was used to generate a form of mapping of his "troves"....maps leading to his serial killings

One T-Hunter that I know has worked with Law Enforcement as they were the original company hired to scan a site that contained the bodies of over 100 victims.....from the "New Mexico Bone Collector"

What does Fenn do for fun at his sites? Excavate their graves collecting their bones, jewelry, and other artifacts that he either sells on the black market, or forges with artisans that he hires to fabricate history for his facade in Santa Fe.

He even claimed to have the Peace Pipe of Sitting Bull....you don't get that from being an "Art Collector"

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
So you want Fenn to provide evidence but don’t trust Fenn’s claims. Oookkkkk.....

"Evidence" is not "claims". There are no pictures, no details, no names. Nothing at all except Fenn's "word for it". And that's feeling really thin to most people.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few parallels between this story and Dent's Run.

Same Gold Hungry Military and FBI Fenn has roots with in operations in the past it seems

Old Map Forrest Exclamation.jpg
This pic was the original from the Beale Treasure files from the NSA Archives on the subject due to the ciphers inside of the pamphlet

Fenn hid away numerous ciphers in a mathematical wizardry that shows he was educated from the best of their cabal in the US Govt....recently discovered ciphers have been documented coming from the poems in both books

One in this poem is based on 3 - 26 letter long lines acting as inserts for a Vigenere Key Phrase in the templates, the the entry of the first letters in the poem into this template to get three phrases out of it....one mentioning a Dead Fix Transmitter

Then the use of a 6x6 grid to enter the first letters of the poem into the boxes, to get a form of Old English Box Cipher message from the arrangements

Then in the poems in both books there is a series of correlating cipher structures that form the two halves of the whole message.....combined they explain exactly who he is and how he has been planning their game behind the scenes using an old form of concealment that only the best cryptographers can recognize

Combined with mapping of ciphers into the arrangement of the poem, with mapping overlays and directional guides found working together with these maps to lure someone to a location

His objective was to get you to talk about your plans and other watchers would pick up on it, with Fenn directly communicating with EVERY ONE OF THE VICTIMS in some manner, cluing them into following their own suspicions, as they were suspiciously killed in key locations with altered scenes around the victims, and planted evidence left behind their death to leave parts of his puzzle behind

Randy Bilyeu Map Zodiac.jpg

7 Must Die Before The Chest Is Found.......oh sorry that is the Curse of Oak Island not Hunting the Zodiac

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If it was fake, Fenn's on the hook for fraud at least. Again, looking at photos of his home, I doubt he's gonna risk it all on a fake treasure hunt.

I am certain that we're going to see a fraud lawsuit regarding this. And that is likely to get some answers one way or another.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Evidence" is not "claims". There are no pictures, no details, no names. Nothing at all except Fenn's "word for it". And that's feeling really thin to most people.

He wrote two books about it and there are photographs in the books. I understand the scant evidence that it was found and am open to the possibility of it being an elaborate hoax but to say he didn’t give details about the treasure itself is erroneous.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BTW the first person he tried to kill did stop it

It was the rest that followed it for the rush, only to see people being whacked in weird ways, only to ignore that and prop him up on a pedestal making fools of everyone

"Forrest Fenn" is a Pen Name....he sells a book.....invents his own persona as a "Treasure Hunter".....etc

But Forrest Fenn was dead in the 20s, a photographer that collected Native American photographs of their leaders and people, documenting their culture

So who is Forrest Fenn that we see on TV of all places?

View attachment 1839912

Not that Reddit is the best place to find confirmation of a suspicion, but other people are talking about it (not that this is the best place either, but it is pretty much the go to place to chat about T-Hunting)

So if he is hinting at his alter ego, who is he?

View attachment 1839913

He is after all just making it all up as he goes along......the Indiana Jones of the new millennium

View attachment 1839914

Looking at his book was one "clue" as to his identity....why someone would secretly hide a phrase in a themed picture that says, IM ZODIAC, TO HIM IN VT, is beyond me

He also conveniently hid the name of the "petrified boy" in his shaking knees in the picture.....as a warning

Why would then the media in Canada step up and make a film called "Awakening the Zodiac" using both his picture from his book, and his face in a cameo likeness that is unmistakably "Fenn"

So looking back into history we find his numerous cameos in real life seen at the site of the Lake Berryessa Zodiac Crime Scene pictured as a suspect waiting in the car in the parking lot while the hooded apprentice he ferried around San Fran was dressed as the Serial Killer, releasing numerous ciphers with his name on them as signatures.

So was he on TV before and was he using Hollywood Antics and Talk Shows to drum up support for anything sinister or elusive? You could assume that was the plan all along.

View attachment 1839915

Here is "Fenn" posing as the founder of the Church of Satan and Temple of Set with "Peggy" on Oprah and Aquino on Geraldo

There is more....as he was such an egomaniac that he had to sign his cards and ciphers with specific patterning that was used to generate a form of mapping of his "troves"....maps leading to his serial killings

One T-Hunter that I know has worked with Law Enforcement as they were the original company hired to scan a site that contained the bodies of over 100 victims.....from the "New Mexico Bone Collector"

What does Fenn do for fun at his sites? Excavate their graves collecting their bones, jewelry, and other artifacts that he either sells on the black market, or forges with artisans that he hires to fabricate history for his facade in Santa Fe.

He even claimed to have the Peace Pipe of Sitting Bull....you don't get that from being an "Art Collector"

Ooookkkkk.....are you saying that Forrest fenn is a serial killer with over 100 victims.....wow !!...incredible stuff please continue !!:happy1::happy1::occasion14:

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Lastly, what about Fenn gives you the impression that this is a scam.

The problem is that tthere is nothing here that gives the impression that this is real. We have absolutely nothing except Fenn's words that any of this was ever "real". And to many people that just seems REALLY fishy.

Think about it this way. You're watching the Lottery. You have your tickets. Just before they draw the numbers the screen goes blank. When it comes back on they say "We had the drawing, but we can't show it to you." later the Lottery folks say, "One person won the jackpot, but we can't tell you the numbers, or who it was. Thanks!" Go ahead and tell me that wouldn't make you doubt it. ;)

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lost Dutchman Mining Operations 2020.jpg

Same Military mining illegally here in the Tonto National Forest, the same parallel as their cabal of FBI out pillaging Dents Run, to use for off the books operations

Why else would a total imposter of a Treasure Hunter set up a "Hunt" for a media spin online? So that way he can corral all information for their treasure hunting party from Virginia to nab in a land grab......uses the Beale NSA Archives article and pic to form his poem online....after his book was released....has a little "Golden Triangle" on it.....claims he was in Laos for the CIA in Vietnam....etc....the hints go on and on and on like an Sociopath and Murderous Ringleader that would stuff Heroin in the bodies of dead GIs.....like a Lieutenant that used to abduct children at Day Cares in San Fran at the Presidio and Offat in Nebraska....like a cult leader named John Doe #2 from OKC....?

john_doe_no_2.jpg
The only reason for their outreach in the media and online is for Data "Mining" purposes? Sound like a treasure map to you?

Going online to suck info out of searchers here and use it to profile and manipulate their attempts at a recovery of something of value, as they corrupt their evidence online with partisan conjecture and moot arguments, as the scavengers sell themselves online to attract attention to their book deals and retirement perks.....

An inactive Art Dealer wants you to explore nature and has lured the masses out in front of his backstage scam......the same media trash and the same continued wonder and mystery

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He wrote two books about it and there are photographs in the books. I understand the scant evidence that it was found and am open to the possibility of it being an elaborate hoax but to say he didn’t give details about the treasure itself is erroneous.

A mocked up picture of some treasure chest isn't proof, plus I read he provided the pic long after he published his poem, alleged he forgot he had a picture on an old laptop of the treasure. To go through the trouble and expense of burying over a million worth a treasure and to not document it? Nah, that dog don't hunt...

Lasivian

May 23, 2003
Spokane, Washington
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Well I can write a book about buried treasure. lol

If we have a picture (and if it's real) then there would be provenance for the treasure pieces, and the buyer of the items would likely come forward. (I doubt whoever found it is going to put it on a shelf and stare at it.)
My gut tells me that the more time passes with none of the treasure showing up that Fenn will have some explaination for this as well, but i'm bias. "Oh, the finder told me he is choosing not to sell any of the treasure!"

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about Fenn's character leads you to suspect this is a hoax? Have you read any of his books? Heard info about shady dealings at his art gallery?

Numerous people have come forward exposing his gallery as a place where he sold known and obvious forgeries as originals

Remember the FBI Operation Cerberus Action?

The investigation and him "Turning Evidence" over as they raided his home

Then the Leg Collar he has to wear?

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Forest can end this whilst trying to save face

pgfhgs

Dec 23, 2014
Sedona AZ
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, AT Pro, Ace 250, Tesoro, Teknetics, Bounty Hunter EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This stinks to me.

No name of who found it.
No pictures of it found.
No pictures of it before it was placed.
No location where it was.

I see no reason to believe it was ever placed in the beginning.

Agreed

freeman

Apr 5, 2003
The flag goes up for me because Fenn left the 'treasure' as he was suffering a terminal illness.And yet ten years later he is still there talking about it. .....

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A mocked up picture of some treasure chest isn't proof, plus I read he provided the pic long after he published his poem, alleged he forgot he had a picture on an old laptop of the treasure. To go through the trouble and expense of burying over a million worth a treasure and to not document it? Nah, that dog don't hunt...

People are asking for evidence, not proof. Not the same thing. Regardless, as I’ve said many times ITT, I’m open to it possibly being a hoax. It seems you’re taking the story you read about him finding an old picture on his laptop at face value but you really can’t bring yourself to take his story at face value. Perhaps taking neither at face value is the better approach.

But really the big problem I have with all the doubters is this: why are you a treasure hunter on this forum? Part of all this is hearing fantastic stories that are often times loosely based on fact. The fun part is trying to pursue and see if the treasure is actually real or not! To be a successful treasure hunter, one has to sometimes believe in stories and tales without having hard proof and little evidence. That’s part of the fun!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i'm open to the possibility it's real. But the only evidence we have so far is the testimony of the man who allegedly buried it in the first place. I mean, we're not talking about a geocache of a few silver dollars, that we'd all take a man at his word. But this, literally a 1,000,000 plus allegedly buried with years of build up and all we get is a, "Thanks for playing, it's been found" , just days after he was served a lawsuit? You know what they say in LE, there are NO coincidences.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And i'm open to the possibility it's real. But the only evidence we have so far is the testimony of the man who allegedly buried it in the first place. I mean, we're not talking about a geocache of a few silver dollars, that we'd all take a man at his word. But this, literally a 1,000,000 plus allegedly buried with years of build up and all we get is a, "Thanks for playing, it's been found" Just days after he was served a lawsuit? You know what they say in LE, there are NO coincidences.

I agree the timing of the find is suspect. But I don’t think it’s unreasonable for them to be going slow releasing details as both parties likely have legal representation working out the details of everything and possibly thinking of doing some sort of movie/documentary kind of thing. If we don’t get more details in the next couple weeks, I’ll grab my pitchfork and join the mob against him, though.

Unless he really is former military turned Zodiac Killer in disguise, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread