Not open for further replies.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
why are you a treasure hunter on this forum? !

I'm a evidence based hunter, not a rumor, legend or magical story hunter. Some like the legends, but I find them a waste of time if one actually wants to find treasure, evidence (and evidence is my rock) backs this up as no main-stream treasure legends cache of riches has, to the best of my knowledge, ever been purposely sought and found in modern times. Yamashita's gold? Nazi Gold train? Dent's run gold? Oak Island? Dutchman's Mine? You'd be better off randomly wandering the fields and forests of Europe, you have a legit chance of finding a medieval or roman era cache....

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a evidence based hunter, not a rumor, legend or magical story hunter. Some like the legends, but I find them a waste of time if one actually wants to find treasure, evidence (and evidence is my rock) backs this up as no main-stream treasure legends cache of riches has, to the best of my knowledge, ever been purposely sought and found in modern times. Yamashita's gold? Nazi Gold train? Dent's run gold? Oak Island? Dutchman's Mine? You'd be better off randomly wandering the fields and forests of Europe, you have a legit chance of finding a medieval or roman era cache....

You don’t like treasure legends? I love treasure legends but if I’m going to travel somewhere and/or invest a lot of money in a boots on the ground hunt, I base it on facts and evidence alone. But the legends are so much fun to look up online and fish around on Google Earth for.

I guess there’s two sides to treasure hunting: the romanticized dream of finding something like a lost city of gold and being set for life versus the reality of finding some fine gold or, if you’re really lucky, a small nugget or a couple old coins after swinging your detector for a few hours. Personally, I find the legends to be a lot of fun.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don’t like treasure legends?.......Personally, I find the legends to be a lot of fun.

Fenn Fantasy is not Legend though

Just imagine him trying to take the Golden Idol off the pedestal in that Indiana Jones Movie and having to run from a huge rolling snowball effect when he is called out on his affairs

Leaving it in plain sight doesn't make him innocent

We get to see him now try to pull a rabbit out of his hat

And Customx 12, not to be snide, but you really think that I don't research my stuff before going and that this is some kind of conspiracy theory to me.....I understand your pain not finding the actual treasure he was posting but to be honest the place he sent you to in the poem was indeed a Jesse James and Younger Gang holdout.

I was there at the R+R Camp, and at the Horse and Saddle camp locations, and I have been all over the area that he spoke about personally and even ran into one of his "associates" out in the outback, nearly becoming the first victim.

I am only warning the others about these games......I have nothing to prove....but lots to show

DSC00077.JPG

DSC00093.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

DSC00107.JPG

suspension brisge.jpg

The Blaze Above.jpg

Forrest Tired Wood Check.jpg

Forrest Blaze Tired.jpg

JJ BLAZE.jpg

JesseeJamesOverlay.jpg

The map to the troves of the Jesse James Younger Gang R+R Camp and Holdout called "The Blaze"

The maps were something of a marvel using the geometry of the area and it's landmarks

This is a 11 mile hike in to this location alone and the canyon is lined with a wall of rocks and charred remains of trees that were there when a Forest Fire came through and scorched the area

Undeniably one of the best unknown hikes in the world in the most remote areas surrounding a well known park...the Home of Bible Thumping Brown

Forrest Fenn Bones.jpg

You'll know you made the correct turn when you go off trail and through the Pinyons to find these in the middle of nowhere

Last edited:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thrill of the Chase Forrest Fenn Aquino Name Hidden.jpg

If you don't believe me fine, but the rest of the people here deserve a chance to see his sick game for what it is

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The flag goes up for me because Fenn left the 'treasure' as he was suffering a terminal illness.And yet ten years later he is still there talking about it. .....

To be honest, I havent followed this for a few years and thought he was dead....?? So it was a surprise that he was actually alive - and well enough to confirm the *chest was gone

chub

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the doubters ( and Fenn bashers ) I believe the treasure was indeed found , and that we likely will get some photo documentation of the find at some point . I also hope that Forrest will tell us where he placed it . I have always had a hunch that it was placed somewhere not far from Ouray , Colorado.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To the doubters ( and Fenn bashers ) I believe the treasure was indeed found , and that we likely will get some photo documentation of the find at some point . I also hope that Forrest will tell us where he placed it . I have always had a hunch that it was placed somewhere not far from Ouray , Colorado.

I don't doubt Fenn will tell us all kinds of things about it. He is a story teller and book writer after all...

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn Fantasy is not Legend though

Just imagine him trying to take the Golden Idol off the pedestal in that Indiana Jones Movie and having to run from a huge rolling snowball effect when he is called out on his affairs

Leaving it in plain sight doesn't make him innocent

We get to see him now try to pull a rabbit out of his hat

And Customx 12, not to be snide, but you really think that I don't research my stuff before going and that this is some kind of conspiracy theory to me.....I understand your pain not finding the actual treasure he was posting but to be honest the place he sent you to in the poem was indeed a Jesse James and Younger Gang holdout.

I was there at the R+R Camp, and at the Horse and Saddle camp locations, and I have been all over the area that he spoke about personally and even ran into one of his "associates" out in the outback, nearly becoming the first victim.

I am only warning the others about these games......I have nothing to prove....but lots to show

View attachment 1839933

View attachment 1839934

View attachment 1839935

View attachment 1839936

View attachment 1839938

View attachment 1839939

View attachment 1839941

View attachment 1839940

View attachment 1839942

View attachment 1839943

The map to the troves of the Jesse James Younger Gang R+R Camp and Holdout called "The Blaze"

The maps were something of a marvel using the geometry of the area and it's landmarks

This is a 11 mile hike in to this location alone and the canyon is lined with a wall of rocks and charred remains of trees that were there when a Forest Fire came through and scorched the area

Undeniably one of the best unknown hikes in the world in the most remote areas surrounding a well known park...the Home of Bible Thumping Brown

View attachment 1839944

You'll know you made the correct turn when you go off trail and through the Pinyons to find these in the middle of nowhere

looks like you've been on some awesome adventures!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He should have ended it after the first person died looking for it. Pretty callous of him to keep the hunt going and letting at least five people die searching for it...

This is my argument for outlawing bridges. People keep jumping off them and dying. I think the bridge makers should have to pay for all those deaths and shut down those deadly bridges.

For the same reason I think all houses should be below ground or open to the sky so people won't fall off the roofs. It's all a plot by callous real estate agents to sell more deadly roofed houses to innocent people.

Personal responsibility is WAY overrated. It's high time somebody but me is responsible for my actions.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That map of the morning star refers to Oklahoma as far as I know Eldo.

OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my argument for outlawing bridges. People keep jumping off them and dying. I think the bridge makers should have to pay for all those deaths and shut down those deadly bridges.

For the same reason I think all houses should be below ground or open to the sky so people won't fall off the roofs. It's all a plot by callous real estate agents to sell more deadly roofed houses to innocent people.

Personal responsibility is WAY overrated. It's high time somebody but me is responsible for my actions.

That’s not a fair or accurate representation because if this was all a hoax, the treasure hunters went out looking under false pretenses. It would be more like someone telling you to go on the roof to find their lost wedding ring when that person knows their wedding ring isn’t lost. Yes, there is an inherent risk in going on the roof in the first place but had that person not lied to you about the wedding ring, you wouldn’t have gone in the first place.

Personal responsibility, yes. How about personal accountability for liars and deceivers, too? Why do they get a free pass?

Flipperfla

Dec 2, 2018
Fl.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That what I thought also, if he went north there are only 3 roads. San Juan Skyway 145, Million Dollar 550, or 285. 145 and 550 end up at the same place. Either of those 2 roads scenery is off the charts. The hot springs, Browns Mtn.......
If it’s for real I hope they disclose the location. Hoax or not he accomplished his mission getting people to explore the outdoors. I put my money near Ouray.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That’s not a fair or accurate representation because if this was all a hoax, the treasure hunters went out looking under false pretenses. It would be more like someone telling you to go on the roof to find their lost wedding ring when that person knows their wedding ring isn’t lost. Yes, there is an inherent risk in going on the roof in the first place but had that person not lied to you about the wedding ring, you wouldn’t have gone in the first place.

Personal responsibility, yes. How about personal accountability for liars and deceivers, too? Why do they get a free pass?

Speaking of personal responsibility...

IF it was all a hoax? If frogs had wings...

What if bridge and roof engineering are hoaxes too? Bridges fall down and roofs collapse and in several instances that's been because the engineering was proven to be a hoax. I can think of several books (including the world's most distributed book) that have nothing to back them up but the dead authors words. Millions have died following what was written in those books.

I could be more specific and still not worry about those dead authors suing me for defamation. You see under the law DEAD people can not be defamed.

Back to that personal responsibility thing again...
Forest Fenn is a very wealthy, very respected and very influential LIVING man. He can not only be defamed he can sue the people who defame him. Ever been sued by a millionaire with powerful friends that feels he has been defamed? Liar and deceiver huh - got any proof? (other than a hunch)

My momma taught me not to make up bad stories about people I know nothing about. Life is just easier that way. Have you ever even met Forest Fenn? What did your momma have to say about making up bad stories about people you know nothing about?

This is a public forum and I have no problem with anyone posting anything they want within the rules of the forum. If you or anyone else wants to publicly defame Forest Fenn feel free for as long as the moderators allow it. In my mind the simple fact that it is allowed doesn't make it right. I'm expressing my opinions about that just as others have in this thread. Luckily for me my opinions are not without verifiable evidence and a personal attack on a powerful man.

Forest Fenn is not legally responsible for the actions of people he has never met. Forest Fenn didn't write a book about how to safely dig a hole so you don't die in it. He never encouraged anyone to risk their life looking for a box. In fact he has publicly and repeatedly encouraged everyone to avoid injury or dangerous situations while looking for his "treasure". Now you have fair and accurate.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of personal responsibility...

IF it was all a hoax? If frogs had wings...

What if bridge and roof engineering are hoaxes too? Bridges fall down and roofs collapse and in several instances that's been because the engineering was proven to be a hoax. I can think of several books (including the world's most distributed book) that have nothing to back them up but the dead authors words. Millions have died following what was written in those books.

I could be more specific and still not worry about those dead authors suing me for defamation. You see under the law DEAD people can not be defamed.

Back to that personal responsibility thing again...
Forest Fenn is a very wealthy, very respected and very influential LIVING man. He can not only be defamed he can sue the people who defame him. Ever been sued by a millionaire with powerful friends that feels he has been defamed? Liar and deceiver huh - got any proof? (other than a hunch)

My momma taught me not to make up bad stories about people I know nothing about. Life is just easier that way. Have you ever even met Forest Fenn? What did your momma have to say about making up bad stories about people you know nothing about?

This is a public forum and I have no problem with anyone posting anything they want within the rules of the forum. If you or anyone else wants to publicly defame Forest Fenn feel free for as long as the moderators allow it. In my mind the simple fact that it is allowed doesn't make it right. I'm expressing my opinions about that just as others have in this thread. Luckily for me my opinions are not a personal attack on a powerful man without verifiable evidence.

Forest Fenn is not legally responsible for the actions of people he has never met. Forest Fenn didn't write a book about how to safely dig a hole so you don't die in it. He never encouraged anyone to risk their life looking for a box. In fact he has publicly and repeatedly encouraged everyone to avoid injury or dangerous situations while looking for his "treasure". Now you have fair and accurate.

How about you settle down and take several deep breaths. You’re getting all worked up over nothing. I also recommend you actually try reading the thread before you attempt to make your own wild accusations against me. I stick up for the guy in this thread and have said many times that I’m open to it being real or a hoax. I haven’t made up my mind one way or the other but I hope it is actually real. I never accused him of being a liar or deceiver in the hypothetical I gave. It was a hypothetical without his name being used. You seem to have flown off the handle and gotten carried away with me here.

You sure are quick to defend someone you fear because he’s rich and may have influential friends all the while unnecessarily attacking a member of this forum (me) because you don’t perceive me to be rich or influential. Does he have more of a right to protection from false accusations than I do just because you’re scared of being sued? Is that how this site is going to be run now?

Again, try reading the thread before you attack me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread