Not open for further replies.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

Well Frankn, to quote that well known former court jester, Donald R. Duck;

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

That linear thinking is a hard habit to break. Is it not? The TOTC game board is just chock full of red herrings. What made you think the CE5 or CES is not just another red herring? I detected the scent of a red herring Frankn.

Well, I have seen the answer to the puzzle, and all the parts fit. Accidents like that don't happen. As I said, the answer doesn't belong to me.
By the way, I have never seen a red one, well maybe one in ketchup. Frank...- five star.png

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BluetickCoonhoundDog.jpg

OK Frankn, you follow you gut (as I know you will) but I am suggesting to you that it is more likely that some clown dragged a red herring across the trail that you were following. This whole CE5 thing smells fishy to me. There is probably a huge market for smoked herring with the mischief making folks on the internet.

PS: Hope your real life eye problem clears up for the best. Now that is the important stuff.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

OK Frankn, you follow you gut (as I know you will) but I am suggesting to you that it is more likely that some clown dragged a red herring across the trail that you were following. This whole CE5 thing smells fishy to me. There is probably a huge market for smoked herring with the mischief making folks on the internet.

PS: Hope your real life eye problem clears up for the best. Now that is the important stuff.

Hay that dog looks like a Walker cross named Charles that I had. He passed away about 13 years ago.

Thanks, I get the needle in the eye at about 8:30 am tomorrow. If you listen closely, you might hear me. lol Frank...- five star.png
8/26 PS: I lucked out. The pressure droped.I won't have the needle treatment. I am tapering off the eye drops. Sight should return slowly. You live with what you get in this world. Frank...-

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep Your Eye On The Prize

eyes_on_the_prize_poster-.jpg

A fool in the forrest might say ; What goes around comes around.
A sublime man fixated on material wealth might say ; Keep moving, bad karma might be gaining ground.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THINK SATIRE

Fenn gives hints to the "true believers" lost in "the dark wood" (aka tulgey wood)

1) “Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.”
The Cheshire Cat.

2) “If there wasn’t anything to find out, it would be dull. Even trying to find out and not finding out is just as interesting as trying to find out and finding out; and I don’t know but more so.” ~ Samuel Clemens/Mark Twain

3) “I don't like the looks of it,' said the King: 'however, it may kiss my hand, if it likes.'
'I'd rather not,' the Cat remarked.”

Now my observations:

1) For some , Fenn's mind game is beginning to resemble the last fading smile of a cosmic Cheshire Cat rather than the thrill of a chase for an illusion or otherwise.

2) When is a person, place or thing not findable by another? When that person, place of thing only exists in the mind of the beholder of course; said the Chesire Cat. You mean, like an illusion
don't you, Said BTDT2. I was right said the poster, themarkd. That all depends on what is ment by findable said Fenn.

3) When you believe you understand Fenn's poem map, throw it away. If you can't understand Fenn's poem map, throw it away. One should insist on their own freedom to think.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think Almost Nonsense

I was touring the great broadband highway in the sky, when I came across Jabberwocky. I read it,

paused, and read it again. Pondered for a while, then read it again. "Jabberwocky skates the thin

edge of being understood and being nonsense. Such glorious nonsense! As Alice put it",

"It seems very pretty," she said when she had finished it, "but it's rather hard to understand!"

(You see she didn't like to confess even to herself, that she couldn't make it out at all.) "Somehow

it seems to fill my head with ideas--only I don't exactly know what they are! However, somebody

killed something: that's clear, at any rate---"

poet: Lewis Carroll
Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There

Poem: Jabberwocky

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

'Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!'

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood a while in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One two! One two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

'And hast thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
Oh frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

P.S.: Now think Tarry Scant and how Fenn could have used those two words as a "hint" in his poem map.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think (Tarry Scant) and how Fenn could have used those two words as a "hint" in his poem map.

As I wandered thru my playing cards, I found that the words tarry scant were likely used by Fenn as a hint to confirm (or not) if the searcher was in the correct time frame in history with his/her solution as to location in the TOTC mind game. The tarry scant expression would have been in common usage during the middle English period (1000-1500 AD). Durante Alighieri's Inferno was first published in the year 1317 AD. So, there you go (or not).
---------------------------------------
"We don't need no education
We don't need no thought control
No dark sarcasm in the classroom
Teacher, leave them kids alone"

"Hey, teacher, leave the kids alone
All in all it's just another brick in the wall
All in all you're just another brick in the wall"

(Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall)

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm told we owe a debt of gratitude to the Flim Flam man who believes that by being a con man he has enlightened us to our greedy nature and if we are attentive to the lesson will walk away with understanding and swear by our bones we will never be fooled again. NEVER BE FOOLED AGAIN!!
When I typed this I thought it curious that in the middle of the word believes is the word lie.

Like in other things if you want to know about a man, ask a woman.
Did anyone ask a woman about Forrest? Maybe I will.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn Speak

July 02, 2014
SBS Dateline reporter Nick Lazaredes.
Treasure Hunters - Forrest Fenn's treasure hunt clues - YouTube about 5 min into video.

Here is another example of how Fenn confuses and misleads people with misleading, confusing
responses to valid questions. The interviewer (Nick Lazaredes) asks about Fenn's definition of
the geographic clue, north of Santa Fe, NM. Lazaredes obviously has in mind a geographic map of the earth, but Fenn responds to the question in terms of the earth as part of the universe, and therefore Fenn's concept of north of Santa Fe in celestial geographic terms.
The entertaining part is at about 5 min. into the video. Pay close attention and see if you know what the hay Fenn is talking about.

Treasure Hunters - Forrest Fenn's treasure hunt clues - YouTube

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Blaze

In the last post I referenced the video Treasure Hunters - Forrest Fenn's treasure hunt clues - YouTube
Fenn's apparent right arm (in Fenn's thrill game) talked in lenghth about the BLAZE and the possible physical location of the BLAZE. Of course I differ on the BLAZE. I found the BLAZE to be totally mental (in the mind). No eyes are required to see the BLAZE in my interpretation of Fenn's mind game.
A totally blind man could see the BLAZE if that blind man somehow correctly interpreted the TOTC poem map. In the final analysis we all see with our brain anyway. Eyes are organs in your body that detect light, which allows us to see by sending signals to the optic nerve and other areas of our brain. Eyes do not actually see, but they are the medium we use to see through.

I found the Blaze to in fact be an epiphany.

1) A sudden insight or intuitive understanding.
"Epiphanies are relatively rare occurrences and generally following a process of significant thought about a problem. Often they are triggered by a new and key piece of information, but importantly, a depth of prior knowledge is required to allow the leap of understanding. Discovery has its own algorithm in some unknowable combination."

Of course, some know epiphany as:

2) A Christian feast celebrating the manifestation of the divine nature of Jesus to the Gentiles as represented by the Magi, traditionally observed on January 6.

3) A revelatory manifestation of a divine being.

I found that the last two definitions are about a far as one could possibly get from Fenn's poem map BLAZE.

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"MacArthur Park" a song by Jimmy Webb

"MacArthur Park" is a song by Jimmy Webb
While it was a commercially successful song multiple times after it was released, "MacArthur Park" used flowery lyrics and metaphors (most famously, love being likened to a cake left out in the rain) that were considered by media such as the Los Angeles Times to be "polarizing" and "loopy".[

MacArthur Park lyrics

Spring was never waiting for us, girl
It ran one step ahead
As we followed in the dance
Between the parted pages and were pressed
In love's hot, fevered iron
Like a striped pair of pants

MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

I recall the yellow cotton dress
Foaming like a wave
On the ground around your knees
The birds, like tender babies in your hands
And the old men playing checkers by the trees

Oh, no!

There will be another song for me
For I will sing it
There will be another dream for me
Someone will bring it
I will drink the wine while it is warm
And never let you catch me looking at the sun
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
You'll still be the one

I will take my life into my hands and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes and I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
And my passion flow like rivers through the sky
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
I'll be thinking of you
And wondering why

Oh, no!
Oh, no
No, no
Oh no!!

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"MacArthur Park" is a song by Jimmy Webb While it was a commercially successful song multiple times after it was released, "MacArthur Park" used flowery lyrics and metaphors (most famously, love being likened to a cake left out in the rain) that were considered by media such as the Los Angeles Times to be "polarizing" and "loopy".[ MacArthur Park lyrics Spring was never waiting for us, girl It ran one step ahead As we followed in the dance Between the parted pages and were pressed In love's hot, fevered iron Like a striped pair of pants MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no! I recall the yellow cotton dress Foaming like a wave On the ground around your knees The birds, like tender babies in your hands And the old men playing checkers by the trees MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no! There will be another song for me For I will sing it There will be another dream for me Someone will bring it I will drink the wine while it is warm And never let you catch me looking at the sun And after all the loves of my life After all the loves of my life You'll still be the one I will take my life into my hands and I will use it I will win the worship in their eyes and I will lose it I will have the things that I desire And my passion flow like rivers through the sky And after all the loves of my life After all the loves of my life I'll be thinking of you And wondering why MacArthur's Park is melting in the dark All the sweet, green icing flowing down Someone left the cake out in the rain I don't think that I can take it 'Cause it took so long to bake it And I'll never have that recipe again Oh, no! Oh, no No, no Oh no!!
What the hell?

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For The Good Times theMarkd

Think polarizing and "loopy" regarding TTOTC theMarkd.
Try and disregard (if you can) the sexual inuendo stuff in the McCarther Park lyrics. Clear as mudd
now? Don't forget to avoid the naysayers. Some common sense just might rub off on you, if you get my "drift". As the great Joe Coker would say, "Please don't let me be misunderstood". In a
strange sort of way, I find the Fenn mind game more entertaining than a wheelbarrow full of
primates. You come back now, Ya hear?

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Free At Last

"Kahlil Gibran is a very widely read poet in modern history, having been translated into well over 40 languages.
Gibran's book of poetry, The Prophet is in its 163rd printing and has sold over 100 million copies since its original publication in 1923. The Prophet is consistently in the best selling category (overall) at Amazon. The Prophet is one of the best-selling books of all time."

Excerpted from the book, The Prophet, by Kahlil Gibran

ON TEACHING

1) No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

2) If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

3) For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

4) And even as each one of you stands alone in God's knowledge, so must each one of you be alone in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of the earth.

So then. As Fenn has stated somewhere in his writings:
"And now at last at least for me I know. And if no one should ever think of me when I have passed this vale, it will be of no matter for I have found my way, and am at peace with all of it.

“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.” Martin Luther King Jr.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think polarizing and "loopy" regarding TTOTC theMarkd. Try and disregard (if you can) the sexual inuendo stuff in the McCarther Park lyrics. Clear as mudd now? Don't forget to avoid the naysayers. Some common sense just might rub off on you, if you get my "drift". As the great Joe Coker would say, "Please don't let me be misunderstood". In a strange sort of way, I find the Fenn mind game more entertaining than a wheelbarrow full of primates. You come back now, Ya hear?
Wasn't Joe "Coker".

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't Joe "Coker".

Thanks for the spell check service kid. But for me, Joe Coker is Joe Cocker when he is "loopy" and
thinks he can sprout wings and fly to Mars.

So then, moving right along.
Those who choose to play the Fenn mind game would be wise to consider this:
Fenn has said a number of times that his favorite game as a child was the game of Monopoly.
Fenn also has stated that he conducted his Business like he was playing a game of Monopoly.

Now, playing by the rules of the game of Monopoly makes the game much more skilful, since it is now
more dependent on your ability to trick, bluff and manage the other players. Ignore at your own risk
the fact that Fenn alone set the rules for his chase mind game.
Now, go get it! Whatever the meaning of the word IT is according to Fenn.

themarkd

Nov 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
White's Prism V 950
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the spell check service kid. But for me, Joe Coker is Joe Cocker when he is "loopy" and thinks he can sprout wings and fly to Mars. So then, moving right along. Those who choose to play the Fenn mind game would be wise to consider this: Fenn has said a number of times that his favorite game as a child was the game of Monopoly. Fenn also has stated that he conducted his Business like he was playing a game of Monopoly. Now, playing by the rules of the game of Monopoly makes the game much more skilful, since it is now more dependent on your ability to trick, bluff and manage the other players. Ignore at your own risk the fact that Fenn alone set the rules for his chase mind game. Now, go get it! Whatever the meaning of the word IT is according to Fenn.
It wasn't Cocker either. The Animals made the song famous. What else are you getting wrong?

OP
OP
B

BeenThereDoneThat2

Aug 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over The Rainbow

"Over the Rainbow, and many, many miles East of nowhere, lies the Magical Land of Oz. A magnificent empire created in the mind of a man named L. Frank Baum, who wrote a Wonderful and Marvelous book about it. And like wildfire in the wheatfield, the spellbinding tale of the Wizard of Oz spread from town, to city, to nation. And to the hearts of millions all over the entire world."

"L. Frank Baum (15 May 1856 – 6 May 1919) an American stage performer, actor, poet and independent filmmaker best known as the creator, along with illustrator W. W. Denslow, of one of the most popular books ever written in American children's literature, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, better known today as simply The Wizard of Oz. He named himself Royal Historian of Oz and wrote thirteen sequels, nine other fantasy novels, and many other works."

In 1900, the publication of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz gained much critical and financial acclaim. The book was the best-selling children's book for two years after its initial publication. Baum went on to write thirteen other novels based on the places and people of the Land of Oz.

The Land of Oz is also the name of a defunct theme park located in the resort town of Beech Mountain, North Carolina. It was opened in 1970 by Grover Robbins, (who had been successful with Tweetsie Railroad), and was fully operational until 1980. As with most theme parks, The Land of Oz was tied to real estate development.

So then, as I wander through my TOTC playing cards, I wonder. I have found that it pays dividends to wonder as you wander. I have observed that proceeding with fake confidence is much like spinning yarn. What do you THINK?
Emerald Mountain Properties and Vacation Rentals at Land of Oz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread