Finally BIG silver, little silver, and gold!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best two hour hunt in a looong time tonight. After supper I was able to get out, but wasn't sure where to go...so after driving around aimlessly for a few minutes, I decided to hit my old faithful spot yet again. I read in another post that you should do a factory reset when you change batteries. I didn't need to change them, but I decided to do a reset anyway. I noticed a difference, the Pro seemed really tightened up and fast. Maybe it's all in my head lol. Anyway, I have gone over this spot countless times. There is a lot of iron, so I decided to go super slow and dig anything that sounded even the slightest bit promising. Smart move.

The Merc was 4 inches deep, and sounded good from one direction, but registered 04 and made no sound from the other angle. I was surprised to see a silver dime!! Then, a very deep signal that sounded "iffy" turned out to be a 1909 Canadian dime. At this point I was happy with my hunt. But it got better. The next signal sounded really strange, like a really deep pop can. It was very hard to pinpoint. After almost saying "forget it", I saw the rim of a big beautiful Barber Half!!! Totally blown away...how could I have missed this stuff?!?! I was very distracted as I carried on detecting, but tried to stay focused. Another signal amongst the iron, barely sounded good, an 1898 Barber dime...then a few feet away an 1918 Buffalo! At this point I'm thinking maybe I would find a gold coin, but I was satisfied with the gold cufflinks (plated I think) when they popped up. Also found a very thin piece of sterling silver, no idea what it's for. The only other good target was a 1965 U.S. quarter.

Three things that helped me have a fantastic night tonight: the factory reset, going slow, and digging lots of iffy targets. What a night, made my season! Happy hunting...

Attachments

• IMG_0184.JPG
    IMG_0184.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0185.JPG
    IMG_0185.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_0186.JPG
    IMG_0186.JPG
    108.2 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 2
"finally" BIG Silver, as you pointed out, you've already found a couple of halves, and a Silver dollar, from the same spot no less. Congrats.

Any spot that produces, and has lots of iron is a good place to continue.

For the record I never came across a spot with 30 silvers, that is one nice site you got there.

Great finds at any time esp. at this dry time of year.

Nice! I'll take a hunt like that any time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back