Finally!! Capped Bust

U

umrgolf

Wednesday, January 19

Matt talked me into going on one last hunt with him yesterday before I left, and thanks to him, I now have my first capped bust coin :headbang: As many holes as I've dug in SC, NY, VA, MO, and AR in the last 4 years, its really incredible that I finally got one in Arkansas on the last hunt I'll have for over a year.

If you saw the post from this last weekend, you'll remember that Matt brought me out to this site on Friday.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,377213.0.html

Over the last 8-10 years, this spot has given up 30+ silver coins, all pre-1855. :o I was able to manage an 1850 halfdime and the gold bar on Friday and yesterday I scored the 1830 halfdime. It was such an amazing feeling, I think my hands shook for 30 minutes :laughing7: Most guys would probably not be kind enough to have me come out to a spot like this, so I'm very grateful Matt. Thanks a million :notworthy:

Short video of the coin​

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

Unknown brass, piece on left has a "C" still visible :dontknow:
IMG_0008.JPG

I think the soldier who had the center Enfield bullet was missing his wife :laughing9:
IMG_0010.JPG

Possibly the same guy got ahold of this piece of lead ::)
IMG_0015.JPG

Odd looking bullet Post-war?
IMG_0013.JPG

All of yesterday's (non-ferrous) finds​
IMG_0016.JPG

Finds from both Friday and yesterday​
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

jamesbibb said:
Well Jeff songrats on finally reaching that milestone Congrats a million! And she is a beauty!! Ive only found one they are hard to come by WTG Brotha! :notworthy: :headbang: :hello2: :hello:

didn't think i'd ever find one of those little suckers ::) Hope you dig some nice CS relics this year, good luck :headbang:

txconservative said:
You rock ! :headbang:

thanks tx ;D

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG Jeff!!! What a coincidence that I found a 1830 half dime at a CS site last Fall. My coin saw more circulation than yours-lots of trading went on here in Tennessee-LOL. You guys had a great day. Those F75s will get it done at "hunted out" sites. Have a safe year in Europe and check in on Tnet from time to time. Stay safe, Quindy.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What a great way to get that last dig in Jeff :thumbsup: Big Congrat's to ya!!! I remember arguing with my Sister when I showed her my 1833 Capped from Antietam....The only thing she said was; "well wouldn't that be a nickle then" :tongue3: Excellent Dig!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the silver. :icon_thumright:
Stay safe.

KRAZYHORSES

Aug 17, 2010
congrats jeff !! that hunt will stay with you until you get back thinking about hunting for a year would be awful stay safe scott

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30+ silver coins from that site! You're killing me Jeff. :BangHead:
A big congrats on your CBHD. :thumbsup: I've only found one myself (1833) and it was holed. :-\
Congrats on that collection of perverted CW lead too. :tongue3: :laughing9: Those are hard to find. ;D
Thanks for the great video.
-Doug-

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
That's one heck of a site has there. Congrats Jeff on the CB you deserve it. Be safe.

Mike

Thanks Mike, hope you and Josh have fun when you meet up :thumbsup:

penniesmine

Jan 17, 2010
Low Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC/ Fisher F-75 Special Edittion LTD Black Deus XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:notworthy: Sweet!!! Im not worthy.. :notworthy: Great find! :headbang:
Be safe..

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff!!! What a coincidence that I found a 1830 half dime at a CS site last Fall. My coin saw more circulation than yours-lots of trading went on here in Tennessee-LOL. You guys had a great day. Those F75s will get it done at "hunted out" sites. Have a safe year in Europe and check in on Tnet from time to time. Stay safe, Quindy.

Very cool Quindy, I remember that coin.. the F-75's speak for themselves time and time again :headbang: ill be around this year :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread