Finally!! Capped Bust

U

umrgolf

Wednesday, January 19

Matt talked me into going on one last hunt with him yesterday before I left, and thanks to him, I now have my first capped bust coin :headbang: As many holes as I've dug in SC, NY, VA, MO, and AR in the last 4 years, its really incredible that I finally got one in Arkansas on the last hunt I'll have for over a year.

If you saw the post from this last weekend, you'll remember that Matt brought me out to this site on Friday.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,377213.0.html

Over the last 8-10 years, this spot has given up 30+ silver coins, all pre-1855. :o I was able to manage an 1850 halfdime and the gold bar on Friday and yesterday I scored the 1830 halfdime. It was such an amazing feeling, I think my hands shook for 30 minutes :laughing7: Most guys would probably not be kind enough to have me come out to a spot like this, so I'm very grateful Matt. Thanks a million :notworthy:

Short video of the coin​

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0007.JPG

IMG_0020.JPG IMG_0019.JPG

Unknown brass, piece on left has a "C" still visible :dontknow:
IMG_0008.JPG

I think the soldier who had the center Enfield bullet was missing his wife :laughing9:
IMG_0010.JPG

Possibly the same guy got ahold of this piece of lead ::)
IMG_0015.JPG

Odd looking bullet Post-war?
IMG_0013.JPG

All of yesterday's (non-ferrous) finds​
IMG_0016.JPG

Finds from both Friday and yesterday​
IMG_0021.JPG

IMG_0022.JPG

Upvote 0

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:headbang:
Thats a sweet coin Jeff and one that is still on my wish list after almost 20 years of hunting. The gold bar sure does look military and is a killer piece! Congrats on some great digs!
Keith

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW! sorry I missed this post, I've been out plowing the several feet of snow we have accumulated up here.....1830 was my first Capped Bust dime! NICE JOB man!

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

SC Keith said:
:headbang:
Thats a sweet coin Jeff and one that is still on my wish list after almost 20 years of hunting. The gold bar sure does look military and is a killer piece! Congrats on some great digs!
Keith

Thanks Keith.. Isn't it just nuts you can dig 20yrs at early sites and not a single capped bust :dontknow:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting an elusive Capped Bust silver, I would say your wait was not that long, I know of quite a few who have hunted 20 years or more and still not a one. I believe I found my first one (actually two side by side) back in 1990, than a long stretch in-between the next one. But by the same token, my oldest son's first coin from the 1800's was a 1835 Capped Bust Half Dime way back when he was in High School in the mid 80s. So you just never know.......

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread