Finally found a coin worth something

mobrigade

Feb 23, 2005
Missouri
I am a relic hunter by heart, and rarely "go" after coins, however, over the past couple of weeks I have the oppurtunity to hunt two prominent homes from the 1880s that was also the site of a skirmish during Marmeduke's 1863 raid. We found some bullets an eagle button, brass "junk," a naval cuff button (how'd that get there?), along with a total of 65 wheats, 22 Lincoln Mem, 5 Barber Dimes, 2 Barber Quarters, 1 half, 1 Sacajawea Dollar, 1 Morgan Dollar, several buffalos, 3 large cents, three mercs, and some rosies....anyway, I finally decided to actually look up some of the coins, they only one worth anything (financially, they are worth a lot to me regardless of value), its an 1895 "O" barber dime, that books at 365.00 in Good condition, this one I'd say is between good and very good. I will pos a pic tomorrow. Thanks,

Upvote 0

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds- Congratulations!! I've been lucky enough to get the 1895-P in F/VF (about $420) and the 1895-S in VF30 (about $200). The only one missing is the one you got!!

Again, congrats and get that pic up when you can- looking forward to seeing it.

Jeff (JeffInMass)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, can't wait to see the pictures. Sounds like you had one GREAT DAY. Congratulations on you
Barber dime find.

HH< Ringfinder

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Dang, Paul, first you dig up all our relics, then the coins. What does that leave us? The pull tabs? HAH, I've already dug all of them! (At least as many as I've dug, there can't be many more out there)

Congrats on a great coin haul. I'm sure you got some good relics, too. That junk navy button was probably Confederate, too, wasn't it? ;) ;)

Keep us posted, and show us the money!! (pictures).

Roger

cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dang-sounds like you should spend more time coinshooting-congrtas, love to see a pic-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread