Finally, my first silver rosie

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started metal detecting in June 2014. I've hunted for hundreds of hours--I've hunted city parks, schools, ballfields, old houses, old motels, old foundations, etc. Until today, I had found 152 CLAD Roosevelt dimes and 0 silver Rosies. I was frustrated. Well that changed today. While leaving a city park in which I had just dug clad for the last hour, I decided to detect around the fence entrance. Quickly, the Fisher F2 was ringing up a consistent "quarter" hit. Oh nice, I thought, I found a quarter. About 4" down, out pops a relatively clean dime. Alas, it was a 1954 silver Rosie. My first silver Rosie! The quest has finally ended. I can hang up the metal detector. :laughing7:

Attachments

• IMG_2837.JPG
    IMG_2837.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_2838.JPG
    IMG_2838.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 12
Congrats on a well earned find

Congratulations on your first silver Rosie.

The quest has finally ended but the journey has just begun !! :thumbsup:

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

Congrats! Good thing about detecting is once one quest has been completed, there is ALWAYS another to go on.

Better late then never. That one is in good shape, too!

Better late then never. That one is in good shape, too!

No kidding. I didn't think it was ever going to happen. I had found 2 mercury dimes prior, but I thought Rosies should be easier to find then mercs -- so that was adding to the frustration.

Get a small treasure chest and drop it in :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Congrats on the rosie. Now you have to find another white whale to chase.

Congrats on your 1st silver rosie. There are plenty more out there just waiting for you. I started this hobby in May 2014 and have found 21 silver coins this year. 7 were from public property and the rest came from private property.

Congratulations on your first silver! You are now officially hooked!

congrats, the ice is broken for the next one

You put in the time and reaped the rewards!
Congrats on your first silver, now get out there and find more!

The first of many more! Congrats and continued good fortune to you!

-- Jeff --

Anyone else get slightly annoyed when they pop out those 65' quarters and dimes? Haha. Just out of silvers reach...congrats.

Congrats! It took me a year to find one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back