FINALLY!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that the rolls you got are NF String & Son rolls. I occasionally get these in place of loomis rolls. Not sure why it happens... HH!!!!

This question of NF String keeps coming up all the time. NF String is the manufacturer of the "paper" roll only. They DO NOT provide the coins, or fill the rolls, deliver coins to/from the banks. It is an inexpensive form of advertising.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This question of NF String keeps coming up all the time. NF String is the manufacturer of the "paper" roll only. They DO NOT provide the coins, or fill the rolls, deliver coins to/from the banks. It is an inexpensive form of advertising.

Makes sense, didn't think of that. Skunk tonight. Should be able to get a box tomorrow.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes it is! ~ Claude Akins ~ aka Sheriff Lobo.

I believe the first time I saw Claude Akins in the 'movies' was a 'Little Rascals' film. Claude played an uncle to one of the boys. He was from Borneo (if I remember correctly). This was back in the 1950s! I've seen the film several times since. Always love to watch Claude.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe the first time I saw Claude Akins in the 'movies' was a 'Little Rascals' film. Claude played an uncle to one of the boys. He was from Borneo (if I remember correctly). This was back in the 1950s! I've seen the film several times since. Always love to watch Claude.

what you think about Jean-Claude Van Damme?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jean-Claude Van Damme is ok. I've watched a LOT of his movies. There was just something about Claude Akins that I really liked. Even when he made some appearances on 'Giligan's Island'. I don't know about other people, but I just like certain actors/actresses a lot better than others even if they are not the best actors/actresses.

Doschewy

Greenie
Mar 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
CoinMaster GT and AT Pro,
Garret PP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good job! Found my first this summer too in my yard.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go back and get more, or send the wife, neighbor, milkman, whoever...just get the rest. Especially if they were customer wrapped!
Thought you deserved an update Boss. I did go back there and send an accomplice in and they would only let go of another 100 bucks worth to her. Out of that hundred I found a 1965! Now I feel sick, it's almost like I KNOW there is a gold mine there but I can't get em. Time to break out the disguise.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought you deserved an update Boss. I did go back there and send an accomplice in and they would only let go of another 100 bucks worth to her. Out of that hundred I found a 1965! Now I feel sick, it's almost like I KNOW there is a gold mine there but I can't get em. Time to break out the disguise.

Better be a good disguise or they'll hit the silent alarm if they see a fake beard lol

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thought I'd go with the classic fake nose and mustache attached to the black rim glasses:laughing7:

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Groucho Marx? That will really get the alarms sounding!!! lol

The police would have him on the ground before he stepped in the door. Then he'd say he just wanted halves they'd laugh and say no body wants halves. Book him boys on conspiracy. Bye bye bottle cap lol.

OP
OP
bottlecap

bottlecap

Feb 22, 2014
West Metro, Mn
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The police would have him on the ground before he stepped in the door. Then he'd say he just wanted halves they'd laugh and say no body wants halves. Book him boys on conspiracy. Bye bye bottle cap lol.

Cripes man went to the bank yesterday where I have had a great experience with the manager and asked for a box of quarters and a box of pennies....different manager working and after talking to her I am surprised I didn't get hauled away in cuffs. She was snotty as hell, came up with the coins and started in lecturing me about how this costs them money and blah blah blah, totally blindsided me, I had spoke with the other manager in the past and she said she didn't care if I came in and grabbed what they had on hand, but would charge me for ordering boxes. This lady acted like I was robbing them or something, I just smiled at her and walked out....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread