First buffalo nickle! Lets share stories

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First buffalo nickle! Let's share stories

So I found my first buffalo nickle this past weekend. I can see the Indian head fairly good but the writing is all worn off the obverse of the coin so I don't have a date. The buffalo and writing is in good condition on the reverse. This is my oldest coin to date!

I know most of you guys who have been at this for a while may not even consider buffalos a good find any longer but I figured I'd see if you guys had any good stories about finding your first buffalo you'd be willing to share.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Hunterhound

Jan 11, 2014
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's Jealous? This guy. In the 5 or so banks I've been buying from locally, I haven't found one bank that has CWRs. They may get a few in but they'd go right back out. Idk if they're even receiving them though. That looks like an awesome haul you guys have there. I would love to find some V nickles, Merc dimes, and a walking liberty half. I'll keep going. Maybe I'll get lucky.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went through at least 5-10 boxes before I found a buff or a war nick.

Oddly enough, I found a V nick in my first box.

Then I got a bag from a bank, and there were 8 buffs in the $100 bag. Nice selection!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't recall my first buffalo nickel but I do 3+ nickel boxes a week and always find at least one buffalo. I have a 3:4 ratio of Buffalo nickels to war nickels.

tyler2277

Mar 3, 2014
Chicago suburbs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I found my first buffalo nickel the other day, a 36 in pretty good condition. I've found 5 war nickels and this sucker so far. Oh and they all came from brinks boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread