First Copper of 2011.

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
The nephews and I started out the new decade the way it should be done. By each one of us going home with a copper. January 2nd was a cold but sunny day. The ground was hard but diggable up to a point. We went back to our last spot of 2010 where Kirk found the Capped half dime and Kyle pulled a KG IIIrd out of the 18th century dirt. I managed a measly Flying Eagle cent. Well maybe not measly but still not exactly what we are after. This was only my 3rd ever so maybe not such a bad day after all. :icon_thumright: This time we were digging in much harder ground. Kirk managed his slug colonial in no time flat. Wasn't long and he was bailing out on Kyle and I. I was popping some buttons and I managed to find a nice Blow hole button from the 1700's. My second one ever. The first one I found last fall. I was the last to find a copper for the day and almost didn't but got a nice 78 VDI, Low frequency predominant target indicating to me a high probability of being a copper. It was this dateless Coronet that was just barely under the surface.Kyle was soon spouting off that he was done , (TRANSLATION)--The football game was calling him. I can remember a time when nothing got in the way of my nephews detecting day,(TRANSLATION)--PASSION SHMASSION. Oh well Sunday was a nice way to start the new year and also the earliest in January to find the first copper. Can't beat that with a stick. :thumbsup:
Chris

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

Swingit

Apr 29, 2007
Southwestern, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac Sun Ray X-1, Tesoro Vaquero, Cibola, Tejon
WTG on the first of copper of the year!! I'm still looking for my first LC. This is gonna be the year, I know it!!
HH!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
"Can't beat that with a stick".......Gotta be a good feeling to get that little chimp off your back so early.Nice dig's Chris :thumbsup:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Kyle was soon spouting off that he was done , (TRANSLATION)--The football game was calling him. I can remember a time when nothing got in the way of my nephews detecting day,(TRANSLATION)--PASSION SHMASSION."

So Chris, I guess what you are saying is the "keep the passion high" bit with K & K doesn't hold true during football games. ;D

Great start to the new year. I'm not familiar with blow hole buttons. Is there any designs on those? Back marks? :icon_scratch:
Congrats,
Quagmire

Attachments

• Quagmire.jpg
    Quagmire.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 464

HEAVYMETALNUT

Silver Member
Dec 8, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's MXT All Pro,White's MX Sport , White's XLT E-Series,White's eagle spectrum,White's Silver Eagle & White's 4000-D
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
a nice hunt dude! the year has just begun my freind! :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
"Kyle was soon spouting off that he was done , (TRANSLATION)--The football game was calling him. I can remember a time when nothing got in the way of my nephews detecting day,(TRANSLATION)--PASSION SHMASSION."

So Chris, I guess what you are saying is the "keep the passion high" bit with K & K doesn't hold true during football games. ;D

Great start to the new year. I'm not familiar with blow hole buttons. Is there any designs on those? Back marks? :icon_scratch:
Congrats,
Quagmire
I thought you knew Doug!

Here's one. :D

Attachments

• 221316405v9_480x480_Front.jpg
    221316405v9_480x480_Front.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 445

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woodland Detectors 4-H said:
ModernMiner said:

Congrats,
Quagmire
I thought you knew Doug!

Oh, THAT kind of blow hole. :occasion18:

wvrick

Sep 27, 2010
Salt Rock,WV
Detector(s) used
Manticore, XP Deus, CTX 3030, E-Trac, Whites V3i, DFX, Fisher CoinStrike, Garrett AT-Pro, Explorer XS, Garrett GTI-2500 Pro, Fisher F2, and Whites Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3 (Hip mt), Fisher CZ7a-Pro
Nice Finds!

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats, I think these are the first coppas posted in 2011 :hello2:
I'm still trying to find somewhere I can dig,
Great Finds! :thumbsup:

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:
ModernMiner said:

Congrats,
Quagmire
I thought you knew Doug!

Oh, THAT kind of blow hole. :occasion18:
:tongue3:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ModernMiner said:

Congrats,
Quagmire
I thought you knew Doug!

:laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9: Knuckle-Head's......Must be something in that NC water!!!

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
ModernMiner said:

Congrats,
Quagmire
Quagmire is one of my idols :laughing9:. No backmarks on the Blow hole buttons. They date back to the early 1700's. It was a joy to find one.
Chris

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice going on the copper! I don't think I ever had a LC come in at 78. Seems quite a bit lower than I have seen. Most are 84 or 83. ???

Those blowhole buttons are cool. I have yet to find one. They seem to be found in farm fields by my detecting buddies but they are hiding from me.

I see on your profile it says you are using the Vision. If you have not upgraded to the V3i, take my advice and do it! It is $125 with shippingfor the upgrade and the Polar Plot feature alone is worth the investment.

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Surely a good sign...TONS more coppers to come! ;D

OP
OP
Colonial Copper Zeus

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra
Neil in West Jersey said:
Nice going on the copper! I don't think I ever had a LC come in at 78. Seems quite a bit lower than I have seen. Most are 84 or 83. ???

Those blowhole buttons are cool. I have yet to find one. They seem to be found in farm fields by my detecting buddies but they are hiding from me.

I see on your profile it says you are using the Vision. If you have not upgraded to the V3i, take my advice and do it! It is $125 with shippingfor the upgrade and the Polar Plot feature alone is worth the investment.
Yeah Neil the 78 is lower than average. Average for a Coronet seems to be 83 or 84. I have been following your site writings concerning Polar Plot feature. It is intriguing but I do favor the Signagraph alot. It may be something I do in the future though.
Chris

Kirk PA

Bronze Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is nice that we all started 2011 off with a copper. I have yet to find a Blowhole button. :dontknow: :laughing7: I am still surprised that we did not dig a Colonial copper at that particular dwelling. :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help: I know there has to be one in that area of the field, but where? :dontknow:

Colonial PA has a lot to offer in 2011. This is just the start, Zeus. :headbang:

Kirk :coffee2:

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, bet it was nice getting that rare early January hunt in, that hopefully should help with "making it thru" the rest of the winter if no more decent detecting conditions come about. Even better that you all got a copper and some relics..

Don

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread