First Cross, TWO silvers, and a Tax Token for Nana40!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Well I had the burning desire to hunt tonight and I made the wife mad and told her I was going to run out for an hour. Baldingboy called me up and asked what I was doing and I told him and he asked if he could come along too. I was already in the dog house so I said sure.

Went to a place we had hunted before and found silver. I only was supposed to stay for an hour but I stayed an hour and 40 minutes. I found some great stuff!!!!!

My first cross was the second thing I found. Then came the merc and then the tax token and the silver boyscout ring and finally the Adventures of Frank Farrell pin.

Man what a mind blowing night!!!! Guess rubbing Nana40s belly in LA was just what I needed to fine tune my skills.

Thanks for looking....

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 807
  • farrell.JPG
    farrell.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 788
  • tax.JPG
    tax.JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 789
  • ringback.JPG
    ringback.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 796
  • ringfront.JPG
    ringfront.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 792
  • mercback.JPG
    mercback.JPG
    41.7 KB · Views: 813
  • merc.JPG
    merc.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 809
  • close.JPG
    close.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 812
  • crossback.JPG
    crossback.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 811
  • cross.JPG
    cross.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 812
Upvote 0
OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
One of the Ladies I work with is Catholic and she told me this is an OLD medal. The news one say on the back "I'm a Catholic call a priest"

She said the bottom portion of the cross is the Miraculous Medal and the back is also a mark that indicates the Miraculous Medal. On the right hand side of the cross is Saint Christopher and we cannot figure out who is on the left and the top.

It is made of copper with a coating of "silver". I cannot tell you if the silver is SILVER or not.

Thanks Stoney

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thanks Nick

I was just telling several people at the hunt this past weekend how bad I wanted to find a cross and I hadn't been able to. WOW

I'm telling all of you now I would love to find a gold coin, buffalo nickel, v-nickel, barber coin, silver half, silver dollar, some old tokens . . . . . . . . . . . . ;D :wink: :)

Did I hear you know how to make really good cookies?? Seems like someone was telling me that this past weekend at the hunt. Said they were better than finding silver coins.

R

RUDY2003

Way to go on the Cross ME. I remember you said you hadn't found one yet. Like rings, once you find one, they'l start popin' out all over the place....
And another Merc! That minelab sure can locate those!

Rudy

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
LOL ME....too funny! I have heard the same thing about Nick's and Mama's cookies! I would love to figure out how to get on that list! :tongue3:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
The Beast (EX II) loves silver!!!!!

When it found both the Merc and the Ring I knew I had SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rudy2003. Have you had a shave yet with your new razor? :D

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Cynangyl said:
LOL ME....too funny! I have heard the same thing about Nick's and Mama's cookies! I would love to figure out how to get on that list! :tongue3:

From what I understand Nick might be a neighbor of mine. I just might have to take a little drive and knock on his door and ask for directions and say, "Hmmm what's that smell, did you make cookies? Can I have some?" :wink: :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
mastereagle22 said:
Cynangyl said:

From what I understand Nick might be a neighbor of mine. I just might have to take a little drive and knock on his door and ask for directions and say, "Hmmm what's that smell, did you make cookies? Can I have some?" :wink: :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D

lol there ya go! Sneak some for me too! :wink:

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds,

They were worth being mad at. That's all the time with women. If they think something is more important than them look out. It doesn't put you in the mood to hunt though. Been there done that before. I just keep on hunting away.

HH Jer

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ME, Super great finds, so glad you were able to get to go hunt! They are all great from the silver to th$e ring to the cross and to even the can slaw ;D What could be better than that except maybe not getting in trouble, hope it wasn't to much! Oh yea and you even got to make BB watch you dance :laughing7:

Now of course you are going to have to fork over more $$ since Charlie is going to have to hire extra security for Nanas belly and pants! ;D

RickyP

Feb 13, 2008
Prairieville, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Explorer SE, Whites DFX
ME, you didn't finish the story. What happened when you got home after 2 hours instead of 1.

Nice finds by the way :thumbsup:

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
She was saying something, her lips were moving but all I heard was blah blah blah blah blah blah blah yackety smackety and then I slept on the couch. :-\

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds ME :thumbsup:---That medal looks old ,
I found this one which is similar.

Attachments

• 6-8-07 011.jpg
    6-8-07 011.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 310
  • 6-8-07 011.jpg
    6-8-07 011.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 316
Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
hey ME.u th man. ur 1 fine detect op.proved at LBH.i was desperately tryin to break silver.but SKUNKED.u obv kno ur machine an r experianced using it. hh and good luck. fun hunting w u ,but ill pass on touring any inner city locales together! lol.

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Don't ya just hate it when they say blah blah yakkity smackety?! Should oughta yank that out of a person's vocabulary! lol Sorry you got into trouble but sure glad you found such cool stuff!! mighta been worth the yakkity smackety....only you know that! :thumbsup:

bomber

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2006
DUI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
4 way metal,scared heart on top,st.christopher on right,miraculous on bottom,st joe on left

OP
OP
mastereagle22

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thanks all.

Come on Scrounger I just have the "look" that makes the locals really warm up to me, I can't help it! ::) :wink: :D

R

RUDY2003

mastereagle22 said:
The Beast (EX II) loves silver!!!!!

When it found both the Merc and the Ring I knew I had SILVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rudy2003. Have you had a shave yet with your new razor? :D
I'll have to wait till next year when we go back to Louisiana to find the one missing piece to the razor.

It's finally Friday at work here, and I'm ready for Saturday mornin when I can get back to huntin'...

Rudy

DugHoles

Bronze Member
May 23, 2005
Hudson Falls, NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT---Tinytec Ultraluxe probe
Real nice finds there and I love the detail of your pics too

Cheers!

Dugholes...... :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread