First day at Topsail Island

Bobbyw

Mar 10, 2013
Forest VA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT/ Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I was there. I usually take my family there for at least a week each year as it's our favorite beach. However, this year we had the pleasure of paying for our daughters wedding which set us back a little. We are thinking about going for a couple days during the shrimp festival so leave a few coins for me. Last year while staying at the Topsail Dunes I hit a 1898 O Barber quarter and a mercury dime. There is a one foot drop off on the beach in front of the condo that the waves hit. I found the coins at the base of this drop off. Hope this helps and good luck.

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Was having to hit the dry sand. Couldn't get anywhere close to the wet or detector would start acting up. Thanks for the tip though.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great_find.gif
Great start! Thanks for sharing...

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your not digging any trash you might be discriminating so much your leaving the jewelery for the next guy ! Good start and good luck on your next scoops !!

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found a few more clad coins today, no jewelry but one of the Rosie dimes had a greenish color to it but couldn't make out a date. Hope after the rest of the week I'll have enough change for a double cheese burger!

therit

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, I finally signed up. I found 8 bottled caps, two pull tabs, a piece of barbed wire, a couple nails, a melted aluminum can, a couple hunks of steel, and a dime. I dug almost all hits, but am now worn out! Hope to see you back out there…

OP
OP
RJ55

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think I'll try it early in the morning and try due north where Bobby w was talking about. Good luck to you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread