First ever GOLD!

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I finally broke the barrier! After 3 years or so of searching, cursing and asking "why can't I?" I finally found GOLD!! (Can ya tell I'm excited?) Went out to a local park I'd hit before, but haven't been to in about a year. Searched around, found about a dollar or so in loose change, then decided to pack it in and hit the next area. Something told me to go over by the monkey bars. So I swung the coil for a minute and didn't really get anything, until I got a nice low nickel/foil bouncer at 2" down. Normally, I don't dig foil, or even nickel tones sometimes, if they're way down, usually, that's asking for wasted time finding bottle caps. But this time, I said to myself "Hey, it's only 2" down, if it's nothing, I've lost maybe 30 seconds". So I scooped at the mulch with my foot and I see that beautiful sight, just a glimpse of yellow coming from below. I calmly reached down, did a quick eyeball inspection and put it in my pocket. When I got home, I cleaned it up and looked for mint marks. 10K on the pendant and 417 on both sides of the clasp. OH YEAH!!! I know some of you find gold all the time and don't get excited about small items, but this is my first, I'm celebrating!! OK, on to the pics!

IMG_20130120_094408.jpgIMG_20130120_152736.jpg

Upvote 15
Congratulations on your first gold! :icon_thumleft:

That's one heck of a 1st gold find! Congrats!!!

nice gold find, im still waiting myself

Gold is gold! Celebrate away!

WTG!! That is a nice one also.

great job i am also looking forward to finding my first gold.

Congrats on your first gold. I hope you learned that if you are not digging foil, pull tab, nickel signals you wont find gold.

Congrats on your first Gold, I'm still waiting on my first solid gold find.

Wow! Great gold find! I love those pendants. Congrats!!! :notworthy:

First gold
cool.gif
Congratulations
cool.gif

I finally broke the barrier! After 3 years or so of searching, cursing and asking "why can't I?" I finally found GOLD!! (Can ya tell I'm excited?) Went out to a local park I'd hit before, but haven't been to in about a year. Searched around, found about a dollar or so in loose change, then decided to pack it in and hit the next area. Something told me to go over by the monkey bars. So I swung the coil for a minute and didn't really get anything, until I got a nice low nickel/foil bouncer at 2" down. Normally, I don't dig foil, or even nickel tones sometimes, if they're way down, usually, that's asking for wasted time finding bottle caps. But this time, I said to myself "Hey, it's only 2" down, if it's nothing, I've lost maybe 30 seconds". So I scooped at the mulch with my foot and I see that beautiful sight, just a glimpse of yellow coming from below. I calmly reached down, did a quick eyeball inspection and put it in my pocket. When I got home, I cleaned it up and looked for mint marks. 10K on the pendant and 417 on both sides of the clasp. OH YEAH!!! I know some of you find gold all the time and don't get excited about small items, but this is my first, I'm celebrating!! OK, on to the pics!

View attachment 728677View attachment 728678

Congratulations on your first Golden Ticket Sand-duner! :occasion14: Now you understand why old gold hunters like me have dedicated collections of pulltabs. :laughing7:

Attachments

• persistence.jpg
    persistence.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 90
Still haven't decided whether I will keep it or not. It should be enough to finally pay off the detector, but I dont have a gram scale (yet) so i dont know exactly what its worth. I think I may just have to start investigating more pull tab signals from now on!

Good show ole boy! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back