First Find

dex378

Dec 1, 2007
Foxboro, Massachussetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
So I've been reading this site for a couple of weeks now and find it very interesting. I'm going to buy a Garrett Ace 250, recommended highly by some of you guys (Thanks!), so until that happens I didn't think I'd get to post anything, but look what I got for change at the Dunkin Donuts drive through this morning, a '65 half!

Attachments

• 1000112vr0-1.th.jpg
    1000112vr0-1.th.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 377
Upvote 0

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Did you ask if he had more halfs? I always ask that even if you realize it later, go back and ask. They seem to travel is groups.

Great score. Silver in change seems to be more and more rare these days.

Get the Ace and go hunting. It gets in your blood quick!

JB.

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup:
Welcome to T-net. Can't wait to see what else ya come up with.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
R

RUDY2003

Welcome. You are in a state where lots of history is yet to be uncovered. Good luck diggin'.

Keep safe...

Keith

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dex378,
Welcome to the net. The Ace 250 is a very good way to start. I found a diamond ring with mine today (Diamond ring in the park). But.... soon you'll need another... submersible.... then one for clad... then one for relics.... I own 8 right now! Just remember.... your metal detector will not lie... you just have to figure out what it's telling you! And that can only come with practice. TTC

MichiganRob

Jan 17, 2008
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Welcome to Tnet...I've been using the ACE 250 for some months now and have found quite a lot with it. The 250 talks to you, once you learn how to translate what it is saying you too will have good finds. After lots of experimenting with the machine I search in All Metal mode with the sensitivity turned all the way up if conditions allow. Dig the Nickle signals because that is where the GOLD hides.

HH
MichiganRob

MrBling

Aug 12, 2008
North Florida
Detector(s) used
White's Surfmaster PI/Garrett Ace 250
Welcome-you're on a roll already!
I found enough stuff within 6 weeks to more than equal the cost of my Ace.
Just dig everything at first- it's the only way to learn what the machine is telling you
The more time you spend with the Ace the better you get and the more you find
You're in a great place for old coins and relics
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread