skelly

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Perry, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got my DFX 300 today. After putting it together I tried it out in my back yard. I chose the pre-set 'Coins' program. Within a few minutes I found 2 copper Lincoln pennies and a clad dime. I searched for another hour but only found a couple of metal buttons and what looks to be a lid from a can of chewing tobacco and lots of trash. Once I get comfortable with how it operates I'll try tweaking some of the settings. Anyway, I had a great time for my first dig with my new machine.

Jay

Attachments

• First Finds.jpg
    First Finds.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 124

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you will have a ball with it...

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is how it all starts with this hobby. The next accessory you NEED to get is a lot smaller coil like a Sniper coil for to better get between the trash where you can only get one item under the coil at a time.

OP
OP
skelly

skelly

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Perry, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a big coil, that's for sure. I swung it for a couple of hours yesterday and it got heavy! I had to keep switching arms to give the other arm some rest. LOL! I have a line on a Shooter 4x6 DD coil. I've been told that it doesn't go very deep but where I plan to use it, I don't need to go that deep. I'm also considering the 6x10 DD coil. BTW, I am having fun. So is my lab, Maggie.

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
does the dog dig the hole for you

OP
OP
skelly

skelly

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Perry, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She sure enjoys digging her own holes, especially in our back yard. Always curious to see what I'm digging up. She won't let me go anywhere without her. There's something about dogs and trucks.

farmerboy856

Mar 14, 2007
wi
Detector(s) used
whites v3i ,mxt pro, idx pro garretts pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my lab has been one of my best hunting partners yet!

OP
OP
skelly

skelly

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Perry, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got one yesterday! Works great and my arms don't get tired.

labradigger1

Sep 8, 2012
tucker co wv
Detector(s) used
whites dfx, mxt pro, tdi, bullseye II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds w/ the dfx. +1 on smaller coils, may i also reccomend jeff fosters book digging deeper w/ the dfx, a must read for the dfxer.
I understand youre hunting partner, my yellow lab is the reason for my user name. Sometimes when i dig a hole he helps. LOL.

kshollywood

Jul 15, 2010
Brandon,ms
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS WS5 with 11" coil,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whites VX3, whites DFX, MINELAB xterra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad to hear you like the DFX, mines on the way. I understand the relic mode is deep on this machine. Dfxonly.com is a good place to join. Where do you live? And what county is it in?

OP
OP
skelly

skelly

Greenie
Mar 2, 2013
Perry, Kansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Perry is in Jefferson county, between Topeka and Lawrence. I tried the deep silver program this week. Got two solid quarter hits, the first was a quarter, the second a big fishing weight. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread