First goal of this year out of the way!!

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
One of my aims this year in metal detecting was to find my first Barber quarter, and today was the day!!

Came home today about 3pm and decided to hit the old jail site where I had found an IH my first time out with the Safari. Detected for about 40 minutes before it was time to head out. I almost threw my detector into the Jeep when I decided that I was going to give an area near my vehicle just one quick pass. Glad I did! Got about six feet away and snagged a 1907 Barber quarter. Did the happy dance (well, not visibly anyway) and gave the Lord a big "thanks!"

The coin came in at +37/+38 on the Safari at about six inches deep, and it was somewhat of a choppy signal. Unfortunately my lazy digging finally caught up with me, and I scratched the back. :-\

Oh well, I don't really plan on selling it anyway. Next on my goal list is a seated dime. Gonna have to start doing some research to get one of these, I think.

HH,

Ray

Attachments

• barber1.jpg
    barber1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 632
  • barber2.jpg
    barber2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 633
  • barber3.jpg
    barber3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 635
Upvote 0

mapo

Dec 27, 2008
Tacoma, Wa.
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Nicely done. Still waiting for my 1st anything silver coin. Hope you have a cache on that list! HH-mapo

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Very Nice, Ray!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Barber quarters are scarce anywhere!!

Great find, and continued success with your Safari!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congs on your first Barber.....Matt

Apr 27, 2008
rhode island
Detector(s) used
titan 1000 xd
me too. still waiting for anything silver. i came close tho... silver and buffs are on my wishlist this year
congrats on the barber... :)
mapo said:
Nicely done. Still waiting for my 1st anything silver coin. Hope you have a cache on that list! HH-mapo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread