First Gold of the New Year !! Locating Bedrock Crevices under Boulders for Gold Nuggets

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Gold of the New Year !!!!!
Happy 2024
Locating Bedrock Crevices under Boulders for Gold Nuggets

Me and Gary @TwoToes head to the Hills for the first time in 2024 in search of Placer Gold Nuggets !!!!!
Will it be a Happy New Year ???
Mother Nature is working against us as the Snow levels have dropped to around 2000 feet and the temperature has dropped also making each rock and boulder a slippery death trap !!!! We both break out our Detectors the Minelab SDC 2300 for the first time in the New Year !!!!
Moving Boulders to find Bedrock Crevices by hand isn't easy I think next time we need to add a few more tools to the Jeep.​

Attachments

• SG 097.jpg
    SG 097.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 27
Upvote 7

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the gold you did find.
Beautiful area. Is that the American River? I used to live in San Jose until the early 90's. We made many a trip past Colfax, Eldorado, Tahoe, etc. on the way to Reno. I always wanted to try panning, but didn't do it until we moved to NC.
Only found a few flakes here, and I was one of them. :tongue3:
Thanks for sharing the video.
MM

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Gold of the New Year !!!!!
Happy 2024
Locating Bedrock Crevices under Boulders for Gold Nuggets

Me and Gary @TwoToes head to the Hills for the first time in 2024 in search of Placer Gold Nuggets !!!!!
Will it be a Happy New Year ???
Mother Nature is working against us as the Snow levels have dropped to around 2000 feet and the temperature has dropped also making each rock and boulder a slippery death trap !!!! We both break out our Detectors the Minelab SDC 2300 for the first time in the New Year !!!!
Moving Boulders to find Bedrock Crevices by hand isn't easy I think next time we need to add a few more tools to the Jeep.​

Very Cool!!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions