First Indian today

Knut dirtfisk

Jul 2, 2013
california
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Proportional
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And first 1800s U.S. coin. And it only took me 8 long years! I've pounded this site for the past 4 years knowing it was there somewhere and today I got it. I don't know why it has eluded me for so long. California is not an easy place to find them I know that. A little crusty 1865 soaking in the peroxide. IMG_3993.JPG

Upvote 25

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! My wife and i are new to detecting and we had to put a lot of hours in before we found any IHP's, lumber camps are not the best place to look for coins ive since learned; most woodcutters were paid at the end of the season, with company store credit, etc.

What type of site are you working?

Welcome to the forum from Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania

Randyg12

Aug 6, 2014
Northridge, Ca
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first Indian Head penny and breaking into the 1800, I know that brought a smile to your face. I live in Southern Calf. and it also took me years to find my first one too. At least you didn’t scratch your first one like I did :laughing7: . I found mine on an empty lot in Ventura and still know the exact spot where I found it. It’s fenced off now. My 1st 1800 coin was found in North Hollywood park, found with my new CZ-3D in that enhanced mode at about 3 inches Also was my first and only large cent (Canadian). Those firsts are always a rush so when I read your post it made me smile too. Now that’s you’ve broken the ice I foresee more finding there way into your pouch. Keep swinging! :headbang:

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big Congrats to you ! I'm still looking for mine 12 years on ..I think I'll move to Pennsylvania ! those guys and gals find IH cents with the frequency that I find zinc cents !

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations!!! Persistence pays off!! Here is to many more!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread