First MERC!!! First TOKEN!!!

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
Went out to the park today not expecting much with my BH 1100. Today is the day I order the ACE 250 and throw the BH on Ebay. Dug through a good quarter clad holes and hit a token......a NYC Transit token. We now use plastic metro cards. And then I hit upon a so-so signal and dug it up. Couldn't "X" it too well with my no pin point 1100, but gave it my best shot. I knew at one point I had flung whatever the signal was because dirt went flying and the signal was gone. A foot away from the hole the signal reappeared and I grabbed a handful of dirt. I knew it was silver the second I saw it, just wasn't sure what year. I turned it around and man.......what a feeling. My first merc damnit. I patched up the hole, smoked a cigarette and called it a day.

Attachments

• total24.jpg
    total24.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 344
  • merc.jpg
    merc.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
they sure are fun to dig! congrats on your first!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the silver and token, nice finds! I wouldn't put that BH on Ebay as you probably won't get much for it and it is nice to have a backup detector. HH, Mike

Mike95inNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 2, 2006
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Troy Shadow X5, Minelab Musketeer Advantage
Nice going on your first Merc. More will come.
Good Luck,Mike

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Cool digging,really makes ya feel good when you dig that first merc,feel like you really know what you are doing and you can find coins anywhere. Dont worry the feeling passes and next time out you wont be able to tell a merc from a hood ornament for a Mercury. I have to also concur,I wouldnt sell the BH not for what you will get for it and if something goes bad with the Ace 2-3 weeks waiting for repairs is just tooo long to go without a MD HH

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
R NY,

congrat on the TWO firsts ;D

Siliver is always nice.

I agree, hold on to the BH, unless you
really need the money. Backup.

Hope you enjoy that new 250, its a
good machine.

have a good un...........

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
That's great!WTG on those first finds.I agree with everyone else.Keep the BH for back-up.Might come in handy one day.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the First Mercury, you will find lots more now, just have to find that first one.
I agree you have to have a back-up detector and since you already have the BH, you might as well keep it.

I have lots of backups cause I never sell any of my old detectors. But I also bought an extra ACE 250, just in case haha.

Might I suggest when you get your ACE 250, you think about getting a pinpointer. You will really like a pinpointer if you buy one. They really come in handy, cause the ACE does go deep and it makes it much eaiser finding the coin using a pinpointer. I use a SunRay Probe, but you can use most any other brand.

HH,Ringfinder

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations love them Merc's. My first silver was a Merc. And just out of coincedence I have found my last 2 Merc's both on days where someone posted their first Merc. Those first Merc's for others must be a real Merc Charm for me.

Great 2 firsts. Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions