May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply.

Are you saying that I should try to get the neg removed, even though it happened over a year ago...or that it would be easy to change if the same situation happened today?

I'm not sure if you could get it removed now, but probably wouldn't hurt to ask.

Negative and neutral feedback and low detailed seller ratings are automatically removed when they're:
•All from a single buyer or small number of buyers
•From non-paying buyers
From picky buyers that consistently leave much lower than average scores
•The result of major events out of your control: weather-related delays, postal strikes, natural disasters, etc.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning! This is an attempt at "Pep Talk" and I'm not good at them!

TreasureHunter - First, it absolutely stinks to get that 1st negative. Even though, rationally speaking, it's a ridiculous thing to get upset over, it still hurts on some psycho/emotional level. It will drive you nuts for a few days and then you'll probably get over it. I've gone so far as to retain counsel in Canada to pursue a buyer who unfairly left negative feedback on one of my accounts. After cooling off, and paying the lawyer's bill, I dropped the case. The important thing is not to let it effect your dedication to your hobby/trade. Keep listing and keep doing a great job. It will eventually take care of itself.

In my experience selling on ebay (since 1998!) these things usually work themselves out. Either ebay removes the feedback, the buyer gets remorseful, or the buyer becomes "no longer a registered user" and the feedback gets removed.

As others here posted ---eventually we all run into some troglodyte who, despite our best efforts, leaves a negative feedback. Selling on ebay has always been a hobby for me, but I take it very seriously and do get upset when this happens to me. It is discouraging, and runs against the grain of everything we learn as children about fairness, candor etc.

randazzo1

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
New York, NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites (CM 5000, XLT, VX3) and Minelab (Svgn GT & Excal III & Equinox)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Randazzo, didn't you used to list your location as North Jersey?

I think its always been NY. When I first signed up, I was living full time in New York. Not any more though. My main office is in North Jersey and I'm living in middlesex county -- which I think is technically central New Jersey. That said, I do spend quite a bit of time south of Route 70 so I like to claim the whole state. That of course does not explain why I haven't updated the profile to NJ. I guess its part laziness and partially because some portion of my brain thinks NYC is cooler than New Jersey.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It happens man, Give it some time, plus most smart people know that 1 negtive feedback isnt really you, just the persons opinion

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread