Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Park Trip with Ace 350 - Silver '61 Rosie

Took the new 350 for a spin at lunchtime today. Went to my first local park and hunted on Coin mode. 1 copper penny, 6 clad, 2 nickles and 3 dimes including the '61 Silver Rosie. All the coins came from a 10'x10' area with no multiples, evenly distributed. Ground is nice and soft. This tells me that nobody hunts this particular park.

Po-Po stopped and watched me for a while but did not come over.

20130605_154140.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 7

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad if you are getting silver.

I guess I have to be the first one to correct you. :( Its a silver "rosie", Roosevelt is on the dime. :)

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad if you are getting silver.

I guess I have to be the first one to correct you. :( Its a silver "rosie", Roosevelt is on the dime. :)

Oops. Dollar coin.

Wldbil

Bronze Member
May 10, 2010
Claremore OK
Detector(s) used
White's XLT/ Garrett AT Pro/ Ace 250
Sounds like the 350 is going to be a good machine for you.

cavdetect

Feb 18, 2013
Mt. Laurel, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that's great. My son found three Indian Heads 1903, 05 and 07 in the backyard, kid damn near went nuts and they're in great condition.

Finn74

Dec 16, 2012
As a fellow 350 owner I have to congratulate you on your speedy recovery of your first silver coin. Took me almost a year to find my first Rosie... The best advice I can give you is to not go in coin mode. Use the jewelry mode with full sensitivity if possible. Random shape 9-10K gold jewelry often comes in at foil range (1-2 blocks below the nickle spot on the display). I had someone else tell me this and took me less than a week to find my first gold ring in an area I had already "covered". But most of all have fun and HH.
Mike

granthansen

Bronze Member
May 16, 2012
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Ace 350, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a fellow 350 owner I have to congratulate you on your speedy recovery of your first silver coin. Took me almost a year to find my first Rosie... The best advice I can give you is to not go in coin mode. Use the jewelry mode with full sensitivity if possible. Random shape 9-10K gold jewelry often comes in at foil range (1-2 blocks below the nickle spot on the display). I had someone else tell me this and took me less than a week to find my first gold ring in an area I had already "covered". But most of all have fun and HH.
Mike

Congrats on the finds! I agree. Go in jewelry mode and maybe even set it ti go down an extra notch left.

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike

Thanks for the advice. I plan to hunt in Jewelry mode when I have more time. It will take quite a few trips but I plan to grid the entire area.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the finds! I agree. Go in jewelry mode and maybe even set it ti go down an extra notch left.

I use jewelery mode with 2 extra notches left, this was how i found the 60+ colonial buttons in my cornfield

Maniac Detector

Jun 3, 2013
southern ohio
Detector(s) used
6 function harbor freight metal detector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea ive never had a problem with cops, just tell them what your doing if they ask, and that where your hunting is public (if it is of course). I know someone who has pulled more than 60 coins from in front of the court house. haha great rosie tho :)

OP
OP
BadM0nkey

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use jewelery mode with 2 extra notches left, this was how i found the 60+ colonial buttons in my cornfield

Wouldn't this basically be no descrimination or only the first notch of descrimination? Can't remember how many were open with Jewelry mode.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread