Upvote 0

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Maybe? Looks like a good bullet to me. What part of Tennessee? I hit up a Union Cav camp today outside of Chattanooga.

OP
OP
Grace O'Malley

Grace O'Malley

Oct 23, 2011
RV, NE Florida (This week)
Detector(s) used
DFX, Sun-Ray pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dug it in Union City, TN. Near where "Camp Brown" was located. I never hunt relics and am not very familiar with Civil War bullets. You can see where my lesche nicked it. I thought it was a wheat penny since it "rang up" about a 72-73 on my DFX. How would you know if it was a Civil War bullet and not a deer hunter bullet from a few years before or after?

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
Welcome to Tennessee!Sure looks civil war to me.I find a couple of minnies a week,sometimes while coin hunting,found my first .69 cal french dragoon(a pull) last week.Sometimes it's hard to tell which army they're from unless you find a button or some other identifier as they often used the same bullets.DBULL

stonewallsmen

Feb 18, 2011
Fort Bragg
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Honestly to me it looks like a nice 3 ringer. Not to many modern bullets have those. Matter of fact I personally don't know of any that are like that. If there is one it has to have some friends there as well. Keep searching it. No telling what you may find.

Hutch911

May 19, 2008
Linden, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX5000, Whites MXT, Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a CW 69cal to me.

Civil War Nut

Nov 28, 2011
Northwest Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's V3 & White's V3i with all coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hidy G. You must not have been hunting in Unoin City long . That place is covered up in Civil War bullets . I am the one that found all the Civil War stuff in 2008 for the new Museum they are building on the bypass . They had about 3 or 4 good fights there . So keep on hunting and you will find a lot more , any where around the old Brown Shoe Co. by the tracks . And what you have there is a .69 cal. minnie . I have been following N. B. Forrest's raids on the M&O rail road all the way from Humboldt in late 2007 and findly got to Moscow , Ky. in Nov. 2009 . I just came to this forum but will put all the Civil War stuff on here from all the towns on that Rail Road . Did you know where the fire station is , the grassie part on the North side was the old fair grounds in the 40s and befor that it was an old ball field in the late 1800s . A good place to hunt . Good finds and good luck .

OP
OP
Grace O'Malley

Grace O'Malley

Oct 23, 2011
RV, NE Florida (This week)
Detector(s) used
DFX, Sun-Ray pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi CWN! I've been hunting in and around UC for about 3 years.....coins and jewelry......when we park the RV here to visit the folks....never dug the lead signals. And you are right, this was dug about 1/4 mile from the old Brown Shoe Co. I thought about the old fairgrounds...but figured it was "hunted out" long ago. I'm hoping this nasty sleet and snow will go away before we leave out again the day after Christmas so I can go hit this spot a couple more times in "relic" mode. Thanks for the bullet ID! I'd love to go hunting with you sometime...maybe next spring when we roll back through on the way to our Montana summer locale. HH!

Civil War Nut

Nov 28, 2011
Northwest Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's V3 & White's V3i with all coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Grace O'Malley said:
Hi CWN! I've been hunting in and around UC for about 3 years.....coins and jewelry......when we park the RV here to visit the folks....never dug the lead signals. And you are right, this was dug about 1/4 mile from the old Brown Shoe Co. I thought about the old fairgrounds...but figured it was "hunted out" long ago. I'm hoping this nasty sleet and snow will go away before we leave out again the day after Christmas so I can go hit this spot a couple more times in "relic" mode. Thanks for the bullet ID! I'd love to go hunting with you sometime...maybe next spring when we roll back through on the way to our Montana summer locale. HH!
Hidy G . The fairegrounds are never hunted out . I found a SL half dollar about 17" in the ground there 5 years ago . If you would like to see some of the Civil War stuff that come from Union City and all the other towns up and down the M.&O. rail road while you are here just give me a call . I live about 12 miles south of Union City in Kenton .

crashbro17x

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300 w/950 coil, Bounty Hunter, Discover 3300 w/a 10" Bounty Hunter, Magnum Power Search Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a CW bullet to me! Congrats on your find. I went to college at Martin. Had several friends that were from Union City.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread