First Silver

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got an Ace 250 last week and have been learning it's voice for the past week. Have been hunting in my yard and today I found a 1952 D Franklin half, a 1935 Washington quarter, a 1938 and 1953 D wheat back. All in an area of about a foot in diameter. Sorry no pics yet. Just excited to share.

Hey everyone. Thanks for the warm responses and great support. I am absolutely hooked, I knew I would be. Went back and found a dime in the same location, a 51 P. Here is a photo of the pocket dump.

I still haven't left my yard yet, but look forward to getting out into the rest of the world.

Dr. Ace -- I live just SE of Hartford, in Iowa. If you are interested in getting together some time, shoot me a PM.

David

Attachments

• ddjames1stsilver.jpg
    ddjames1stsilver.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
Congrats on your first silver ,, its a great feeling!!! aint it??

Dont matter if you have a picture or not to me !!

arthur

Attachments

• orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 500
  • orson.gif
    orson.gif
    188.7 KB · Views: 497

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG and welcome to the net. You said a foot in diameter?? Sounds like a pocket drop to me. WTG on the Ben Franklin, Ron

Schrecky

Mar 14, 2006
NW, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3, Minelab Excailbur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that is cool, great finds and in your own yard. You've got to love that. I've found 5 merc's in my yard but I think that about did it.

:hello2:

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the insanity!!!!

Welcome to TNET!

Now you realize what the excitement is all about. Your own yard is the best place to learn. You can learn about your machine and the proper techniques for digging. Listen to your machine closely before you dig. It will help later when you are somewhere else like a park or someone Else's back yard. When you dig your targets, make it look like you were never there when you are done. People other that us with a detector only notice the poorly dug/retrieved targets. If done well, they never even know we were there.

Good luck and enjoy!

Bob

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
WTG on the silver!!! The Ace can certainly find it. I'll bet you're hooked now! :thumbsup: Keep hunting with the Ace and it will continue to reward you. The more you hunt, the more you learn. The more you learn, the more you find!

HH,

Dr. Ace

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Welcome DD James....Yep you are off to a great start. Hooked for sure Buddy....Congrats...Now go get a camera would ya. We gotta see all your great finds. :thumbsup: jgas

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
so a 77 cent 4 coin ( 2 of em silvers) --1953 or later pocket spill -- way to go on your first strike -- most go a good while before hitting a silver half.

OP
OP
ddjames

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I appreciate all the encouragement on this forum, I used much of your information to make my detector selection, and some links to useful information on pinpointing and detuning. What a great resource. I am venturing out to a park tomorrow for the first time.
David

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Man that is a heck of a good start! Keep the coil to the ground and Happy Dirt Fishing!

-Dan

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJGMC said:
Welcome to the insanity!!!!

Welcome to TNET!

Now you realize what the excitement is all about. Your own yard is the best place to learn. You can learn about your machine and the proper techniques for digging. Listen to your machine closely before you dig. It will help later when you are somewhere else like a park or someone Else's back yard. When you dig your targets, make it look like you were never there when you are done. People other that us with a detector only notice the poorly dug/retrieved targets. If done well, they never even know we were there.

Good luck and enjoy!

Bob

Saved me a ton of writing. That is the perfect place to get to know your machine, it seems that you already have a gret start by those finds. Have fun and happy hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread