First Tattoo and It's a Beauty! Lynyrd Skynyrd and Treasue Hunting Combined.

USMC Reaper

May 23, 2015
Abbeville, S.C.
Detector(s) used
MineLab CTX 3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi , Are tattoos more abundant in prisons or art galleries ?

Is it your opinion that the denizens of “art galleries” represent the apogee of human culture and taste? That these perusers of “art” are the arbiters of what is “classy” or “stylish”?

My taste in “art” leans toward that Art created by Albrecht Durer, and that Great Master would definitely be found in a tattoo parlor on his way to a concert were he to be alive today. I’m sure that good old Albrecht would also appreciate the art work that went into my bloody battle axe “Kill For Peace” tattoo or perhaps he would comment on the beautiful realistic detail on my bloody broad sword tattoo.

Where you would not likely find Herr Durer is in an art gallery or any other such venue where self identified important and pretentious small minded effete beta males go to try to stroke their own egos as they revel in their own insignificance as the real, nitty gritty and beautiful world passes them by.

FreeBirdTim, you enjoy that tattoo, have a great time at that concert and do a shot of Southern Comfort or ‘Shine for your pal Reaper.

EJD

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Based on the artists I know it would be very close. But the artists will have a $2000 sleeve and the prisoner will have a $200 sleeve. I check this thread every morning so I’ll know who the hens are. I appreciate all of you letting me know what kind of person you are ahead of time. Judging people with tattoos or because of skin color OR sexual preference is so very unintelligent. If you want to go out of your way to let people know that’s who you are then by all
means, do me that favor.

That's just plain strange that you feel the need to judge people because they might have judged others, you fraud.

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI
They are going to be on Fox&Friends tommorrow (friday) morning.Probably do an interveiw and play a couple songs.

Didn't know that, thanks!

Bama Billy

Apr 2, 2018
Central Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's just plain strange that you feel the need to judge people because they might have judged others, you fraud.
Hahaha. You’re a funny guy. ALL of your comments are funny. Way to not take yourself seriously, I’ll follow suit. ����

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other
I appreciate all of you letting me know what kind of person you are ahead of time. Judging people with tattoos or because of skin color OR sexual preference is so very unintelligent. If you want to go out of your way to let people know that’s who you are then by all
means, do me that favor.

Amen Bama Billy, our unnamed friend will hopefuly read this and let us adult carry on exchanging in a civilized manner.

PikesPeakCharlie

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2008
Pikes Peak
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gti 2500, Garrett Gta 350, Garrett Pro-Pointer -- Whites IDX Pro, AutoMax V2 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tat Tim !!!! Congrats !!! Got my 3 all while I was in the Navy , don’t regret them but 37 years later I wouldn’t mind covering 2 with some new art . I got to see Skynyrd in 77 or 78 at mile high stadium in Denver about 3-4 months before the plane went down, great concert ! Also , at my party the night before I left for boot, my mother called the radio station and got them to play simple man to send me out into the world ,,,,,, I had no clue my mom even had heard of Skynyrd 8-)

Mother Superior

Jan 18, 2017
Quebec city
Primary Interest:
Other
Name names then.

I don't think you have the stones. :laughing7:

This IS fun!

I was not talking about you if that is what you were inquiring about.
My only hope with that comment was to keep the thread on track, exchanges on this forum can be amazing since most people are able to share while remaining curteous and open.
I have zero interest in feeding cyber-feuds.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am one of those persons with an addictive personality. If i got a tattoo i am sure i would be covered from head to toe in a year! I think i will stick with the gumball machine versions to insure i will have plenty of room for the newest art that comes out. BTW..Nice tattoo.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great tattoo.

The closest i every got, my daughter drew a rose on my ankle that everyone thought was a tattoo.
I just don't like needles, and being poked by them even less.

Sent from my VS810PP using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FreeBirdTim

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not as painful as a shot. It feels more like a cat using your arm as a scratching post for two hours straight!

It will definitely be awhile before I think about getting another one!

motel6.5

Mar 27, 2012
Nevada,Calif.,Utah,Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice tatt, I have a few with my military history, Years ago their was movie with a actress ,Clair Bloom,I think,about her as a tatt artist,and she appeared to differant travelers,and gave them tattoos,that took them into fantasys of the subject tattoo,can"t recall name of movie,but I would like to watch it again...My tattoos sometimes give me a attitude in difficult situations.Music is good too.

The Illustrated man/Clair Bloom/Rod Stiger

Looked it up.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice tatt, I have a few with my military history, Years ago their was movie with a actress ,Clair Bloom,I think,about her as a tatt artist,and she appeared to differant travelers,and gave them tattoos,that took them into fantasys of the subject tattoo,can"t recall name of movie,but I would like to watch it again...My tattoos sometimes give me a attitude in difficult situations.Music is good too.

Looked it up.
A junior in high school back in 1977, we were required to read Ray Bradbury’s “The Illustrated Man” (1951). One of my favorite books of all time.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Looked it up.

Not to be watched with an altered consciousness.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread