First time coin roll hunting.

woody420

Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
Prizm II -Prizm 6T
I went out to 5 banks today looking for halves and only found 2 hand rolls and 3 loose ones...nada zippo nothing..the 2 hand rolls had writing on them and were crossed out with black marker. And to top it off while i was in one of the banks i got to the line and over heard the guy at the teller asking if the teller had any "special change" for him...lol i didn't even bother waiting on line..just walked out after she said "no" lol...I think my area is being hit hard..gonna give it another shot maybe alittle further away from home. Most tellers thought i was asking for the coins for a poker game lol i just said "ya sure thats it poker game right" lol

Upvote 0

DirkSears

Jan 14, 2008
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 - Standard coil & Super 12
I had similar results! I went to 6 different banks and only found $90 dollars worth in $10 rolls. I found all $90 at the same bank and almost all of them were Bicentennial. I don't know if I got someone else rejects or what.

Do you have to go to the bank and order a box? Can you order Halves?

Hydrantman

Feb 4, 2008
Earth
Go to your bank that you have an account with and have them order boxes for you. They usually take about a week to get but then when you go to pick them up, order next weeks batch. Just make sure you dump them at another bank and not the same bank you order at.

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try to dump them at a bank that uses a different carrier! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread